Book?

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend me a book on which would help me gaining more information on the Royal marine history? just like i've said ive just sent my application in and decided now is the right time to start filling my brain up with information for when the interview comes up!.

Cheers guys.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
rusty, you're coming up to your 900th post... you should know how to use the search facility by now. :wink:

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
rusty, you're coming up to your 900th post... you should know how to use the search facility by now. :wink:

Ahh well :laugh: :laugh: I Basically couldn't be arsed to search all the forum and i doubt there would be anything! :laugh:

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ok imagine me flicking through the Globe and Laurel magazine...

ere we go.

Written by people in the marines, Major Alastair Donald RM and Captain Oakley MBE RM write the book we're going to be given at CTCRM. It's on sale to the public and called : A short history of the Royal Marines.

If it's given out there, I guess it's recommended right? :rock:

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Royal marines Commandos-the inside story of a force for the future.
Basiclley talks about the founding of the corps up until the 21st century battles like the gulf war.
Basiclly a Bible of the corps.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Ah cheers for the help guys. Cant find the book your on about for sale on the net skippy, Found macks book and ive just bought it so thanks alot for the help mack!..

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Rusty, i've managed to find quite a few decent books on RM and SBS just trawling the local charity shops *text deleted*.

In fact, i've built up a filthy library of books on SAS, Para's, Royal Marines etc and never paid more than two quid for any of them!

The history ones are obviously informative, but i prefer reading autobiographies of peoples times in the corps!

Reckon i'l flog them on here in a while as the beer tokens are running short!:kult:

New Threads