books

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey guys ive read the book from steven preece and currently reading the making of a marine by nigel foster. i ordered The Royal Marines Circuit Training - Robin Eggar book off play.com . anyway thats not the point i looked at it on amazon.com and said it was $202! and yet its like £8 off play.com why is the price soo expensive?
also has abyone got this book is it any good?
cheers guys
stewie

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe it's so expensive because your looking at amazon.com and not .co.uk?

It will probably cost a lot more to import a book from England to America.

Heres the Amazon.co.uk one. Still expensive but not $202.

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
however $202 in £ is £123 a bloody lot for a book!
stewie

FYD

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother buying it from play.com its been "Temporarily out of stock" for about 2 years I've had my eye on it for awhile which is also the reason why people on amazon sell it for so much bunch of theiving gob*text deleted**text deleted*es.

Feza685

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
theres a new book coming out in december a think it a new version of the circuit training because that book was published in 1996

pain is glory

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
a good book i have read and would highly recommend is called black water by strength and by guile, it is written by don camsell i have just started the royal marines commandos the inside story for the future by john parker.

pain is glory

JoeSmith

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Might have to look into that Blackwater it just might tickle my pickle!

stevewwfc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
a good book i have read and would highly recommend is called black water by strength and by guile, it is written by don camsell i have just started the royal marines commandos the inside story for the future by john parker.

pain is glory

glad you said that mate because i have that book at home but never got round to reading it , but i think i might now give it a go:fly:

howick

Reaction score
i have just ordered the new one from play its not out till the 18th this month not bad for ?14 with free delivery

kennyg

Reaction score

pain is glory

i have read this book, very very long winded does not make it interesting at all just a list of battles and honours by the royal marines basically list form book.