Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Boot Care

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by WDS2827, Sep 29, 2019.

1. WDS2827

WDS2827 New Member

Afternoon Gents,

To cut straight to the chase, I’ve received my boots and have been going for light jogs and walking around in my boots as advised to break them in. However after one of my walks I’ve gone to polish them as per and there are black smudges, scuffs and blotches on the toe box and rear outside of my boots. I’m not sure if this is because I’ve walked through a farmers field with tractor oil in the mud (random guess) but when I apply polish it goes almost black/dark brown as soon as I lather the polish in.
    Sorry for the long post but need help to restore them as I start RT 4th November and need to get this sorted before I head down there and pay the price . I haven’t done anything major in them yet they look like they've been to the falklands and back...
    Cheers all

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Take a look at this very recent thread:

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/ruined-my-boots.122318/

Don't worry about it. You'll also find numerous similar queries and a raft of solutions and suggestions. The brown boots discolour in a way that the older black boots didn't.