Boot wax for PRMC kit list

Trooper149

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A query:

On the PRMC kit list, I have been told to bring kiwi/dark tan or black shoe polishing wax, is this for the purpose of polishing military boots or is it for polishing our dress shoes?

Reason I ask is for my suit I have a set of "non ostentatious" dark burgundy red brogues and so I have burgundy shoe ax for those if I am required to polish them, but unsure if I need to get the dark brown/black shoe polish as well?

Cheers

fine

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
A query:

On the PRMC kit list, I have been told to bring kiwi/dark tan or black shoe polishing wax, is this for the purpose of polishing military boots or is it for polishing our dress shoes?

Reason I ask is for my suit I have a set of "non ostentatious" dark burgundy red brogues and so I have burgundy shoe ax for those if I am required to polish them, but unsure if I need to get the dark brown/black shoe polish as well?

Cheers
Kiwi dark tan is for the boots you're wearing for the thursday. They dont need to be polished to perfection, but a once over wouldn't go amiss

Welshy

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
A good boot polish is (Dubbin) you can get it from mountain warehouse I’d definitely get a tin of that before you start training for your field boots (Kiwi turns your boots purple, not that anyone cares)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Boot Care ROP Dates - Discuss with others on your course 1
The Creature of the Night Flying Boot neck Jollies Bar 11
H Boot issues Recruit Training (RT) Chat 9