Boots for POC!

sb146564

Reaction score
Hey guys, POC allows you to take your own boots. I have seen a pair in a shop called adapt outdoors for £135. They are black, have a good heel and ankle support. Is this a good boot to buy or are their any better boots out there? Also... Anyone felt the effects of a buffalo jacket, keeps the body at 5degrees C in temps of minus 40, their amazing a great reccomendation goes out for them!
Ste

sooty795

Reaction score
hey up mate

I would say not to spend that much on a pair a boots if at all as once in or pass POC like when you pass the PRMC they`ll issue with the boots you have to wear in training and you wont be able to wear any that you`ve bought until later in training or until you pass out.

If you want your own pair, i`d say a pair of pro boots, good robust boot, only £35 - £50 on ebay, and last time i checked standard military issue so very similar to what you`d wear in training.

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
Mate i wouldnt spend that much at all! I would go to a local military store and buy a pair of well worn bog standard military style boots with a good heel block. You wont be able to wear your own boots until you finish training anyway.

ChrisCN

Reaction score
Guys, I had my POC on the 19th May and would suggest being careful when you chose which boots to buy. I spoke to a guy from RV Ops earlier in the year to get some advice on which boots to buy for POC and he suggested the Lowa Urban Non-GTX. I purchased a pair and they are great boots for running in (they should be for £120!), but WERE NOT SUITABLE for the bottom field assault course because the heal block was not substantial enough.

You need a heal block of at least half and inch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J POC Boots POC Section 4
thundernerd PRMC/POC boots General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 6
3344 Best boots for POC/PRMC General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 18