Boots

jay999

Reaction score
I recieved my boots after PRMC I have been periodically breaking them in and have just started going for light jogs in them. I had been advisedto stick some sorbothanes in there. However when I am running I am getting a fairly bad pain developing across the side of my foot.Anyone come across this before and have any solutions?

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya mate,

I've had similar problems with my boots to! I bought some Sorbothane insoles as well when i passed and put them in instead of the insoles that come with the boots. From that moment on i had issues with my boots, to cut a long story short i ended up taking them out because they were to thick and they were pushing my feet tight against the laces & toe cap parts of the boots. As soon as i took them out it made a world off difference ....

Moral of the story, if your feet have only started to hurt since you put the insoles in then take them out mate & use the provided ones which i much prefer now.

Shiloh79

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I tried different insoles but found the original ones more comfey!!, Probably not the best for the shins though

I got told off my mate in 45 not to switch them as for the first couple of weeks they'll be checking peoples boots and won't be to happy with it, If you have your own gear without asking.

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hiya mate,

I've had similar problems with my boots to! I bought some Sorbothane insoles as well when i passed and put them in instead of the insoles that come with the boots. From that moment on i had issues with my boots, to cut a long story short i ended up taking them out because they were to thick and they were pushing my feet tight against the laces & toe cap parts of the boots. As soon as i took them out it made a world off difference ....

Moral of the story, if your feet have only started to hurt since you put the insoles in then take them out mate & use the provided ones which i much prefer now.

Shiloh79

Exactly the same here mate, the blisters I picked up were killers, as soon as they healed replaced with the original insoles and couldn't believe the difference!!

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Exactly the same here mate, the blisters I picked up were killers, as soon as they healed replaced with the original insoles and couldn't believe the difference!!

Yeah it was amazing the difference when i took them out, i think that my boots fit me that well there isnt any room for aftermarket insoles! ... Though funnily enough i put them in the pair of timberland boots as the insoles in them were knackered and they're awesome, strange if you ask me!

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i dont get no pains just stiffness round the back of the ankle and thats it i havent worn mine much which is stupid i know ive done the bath technique and they feel failrly comftable so i should be ok

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Guys: Without insulting anybody's intelligence, if your insoles or socks are causing your feet problems then change them to another type that don't.

If you had a pair of shoes that hurt your feet when you walked in them then you wouldn't be too keen to run in them. None of us would. So, look at this from the same angle with your boots and hopefully take care of your feet.

Cheers

Steve