Boots

Josh

Reaction score
what Is The Best Way To Break Boots In??

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
try walkin around *text deleted* house in them an i have also heard stand in the bath fill it up with hot water an i softens the leather an moldes the to *text deleted* feet but don't hold me to it i've never tryed it

Paulr2k2

Reaction score
*text deleted*'e heard it's wearing them in the shower, so they eventually mould into the shape of your foot

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i dont think it matter bath or shower but a bath stops u *text deleted* *text deleted* feet wet an keeps the rest of *text deleted* body dry

Satch

Reaction score
Yeah - stand in the bath with your boots on then keep them on until they're basically dry. Softens the leather and moulds them to your feet!

Mavrick1664

Reaction score
in a warm bath lads and u want to be *text deleted* the inside wet as well, make sure u keep them on all day or as long as u can! and wear them as much as u can to break them in, to work if possible, dont go runnin or yompin in them until properly broke in or you'll kill your feet,haha

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Wear them in bed is another good idea to get them worn in..

Sam

Srew

Reaction score
A Royal told me to rub olive oil in to the leather to soften them. I've never tried it so I don't know whether he was taking the piss.

Srew

Reaction score
I just brought some Adidas GSG9 boots for work, there bloody brilliant. Expensive but brilliant and they don't seem to need any breaking in either.

Josh

Reaction score
yea but in r.t you have to use issued boots and they are w@nk

Srew

Reaction score
I've heard that the MOD sometimes issue Lowa boots, if you have problems with your feet or lower back. I saw a article about it in soldier I think, apparently issued by military doctors. Could be bollocks though.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It is true the medical staff can allow you to wear non issue boots during training but I think it is quite rare (I never saw anyone in training without issue boots). I am also pretty sure you would have to buy them yourself.

Shame really, my Lowa Combat GTX are so comfy I wear them all the time.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
You are correct about being allowed to wear Lowa's etc etc. The catch, however is you'll either need a medical note from your doctor stating WHY you need to wear them and not pussers, or while in training if you develop foot problems, the medical team at CTC will issue you with a different pair.

stanhawk225

Reaction score
Broke mine in by wearing them. Didn't have any choice, got them the day we turned up. When i wasn't wearing them, ie in bed, stuffed them with newspaper. Took about 2 day's. We didn't use them for running that early on. So wasn't to painful.