Boots

goose

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Am new to this forum, so hi everybody.

I apologise if this has been asked a million times, but I had a brief look and couldn't find it: how can I go about buying the right kind of boots, ones that I can break in for the POC? Sure one if not many of you know.

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

GreyFox42

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
Get yourself down the nearest Army surplus store and buy issue boots. If you can get hold of a second hand pair so much the better. Remember it's less about getting the boot 'broken in' and easy to use and more about 'breaking in' your feet, i.e. getting them used to the extra weight and restricted range of motion associated with running in boots.

Megalomaniac

Reaction score
A small tip, When I was down there, some guys had super light weight boots. They did not have the regulation heel block so they were then given brand new boots for the bottom field and assult course. Obviously there feet were in shreds at the end. However they were allowed to wear the super light weight ones for the endurance course. Apparently it helped a lot having lighter boots for that part. So maybe if your wallet will allow you might want to get yourself some issue boots as well as the light weight ones????

noveldex

Reaction score
A small tip, When I was down there, some guys had super light weight boots. They did not have the regulation heel block so they were then given brand new boots for the bottom field and assult course. Obviously there feet were in shreds at the end. However they were allowed to wear the super light weight ones for the endurance course. Apparently it helped a lot having lighter boots for that part. So maybe if your wallet will allow you might want to get yourself some issue boots as well as the light weight ones????
I completely second this! Brand new issue boots will completely kill your feet

Megalomaniac

Reaction score
Not sure was from the internet I think. Maybe some other people on here will know??

noveldex

Reaction score
A couple of lads will bring magnums and super lightweight boots, but they will still have to wear the issue boots for the bottom field. According the CSgt the heel block is just not substantial enough on such boots. I still say that the safest bet is to buy a pair (brand new or surplus, it matters not) of army (pussers) boots. Wear them in, polish them up for POC and you will be laughing! Ok, maybe not laughing, panting and hanging on your chin strap maybe, but you get the picture.

I can't punctuate enough how important the boots are to your individual kit. The military in general says to look after your feet and thats not wrong. Get blisters and forget to tape your feet up and its one more thing you need to worry about. You certainly do not need another thing to worry about, trust me!

New issue boots will shred your feet up. Not getting your feet used to running in boots will shred your feet up. I found this out the hard way and have since healed my blisters (took over a week) and bought a pair of issue boots for my POC in November.

I will say it once more BUY SOME ISSUE BOOTS AND WEAR THEM!!!

Novel

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Magnum boots are sweet, i got some for work, wearing them now infact, very comfortable and dont give the blisters. Havn't seen the issue boots in hand i can only imagine them tearing the feet up if not used to them.