boots

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi i think my boots might be too big as my feet move around when i walk a little inside them and if i walk uphill they rub against the back of my feet. do i need to break them in more or do i need a smaller size?

J

Jason_A

Sounds like you just need to wear them a little. Try walking around the house with them on. However, to get your correct size, get an A4 sized piece of paper, and put a dot at the back of your heel, and another at the tip of your big toe, as well as one at the side of your feet. Now, take a tape measure and measure from the heel dot to the tip of the big toe dot -- how many inches is it? 10 inches is a size 6.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
its like 9 and a half inches and i have a size 9 but i might need a size 8

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Stand in a bucket of water while wearing them (might help):dontaskme:

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Stand in a bucket of water while wearing them (might help):dontaskme:

yeh, i heard its best to run a hot bath and put your boots on your feet and let them soak in the water fo about 15 mins. The boots will feel like they are sucking onto your feet. They should be a better fit afterwards

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I been wearing my boots every day since I got them, their pretty tight with the socks they give you and I put in some insoles so my feet are well cramped but I been putting them in hot water for an hour/polish them twice a day (*text deleted**text deleted* loads of polish) and they are loosening up quite nicely, my advice is just wear them every where you go.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yea but my boots are a bit on the big side