Bored on me own!

bell

Reaction score
do most people on here do there training on their own!

i do n does anyone else get bored really quickly n need motivating!
this is making my training really difficult, i need someone to push me!!

anyone got any tips other than music to keep me motivated when running ect

cheers

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know mate sometimes its sucks more than...... well we wont go there but it sucks!

I usually get on of the fitness instructors at the gym to help with my motivation, they spot me, or just stand and give me encouragement or criticize, but its only a small gym for me and they all know why I'm there and believe what I'm doing is a good thing. I couldn't have a training mate as they would just annoy me!

watch a RM video or advert before you go to the gym that always helps.

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
same as me *text deleted* but wen i go wit a *text deleted* we just end up going 4 a swim n sauna haha. but i went wit 1 *text deleted* and was like lets do this how u do that? what this do? can u help me? far enough he didnt no but he does take A2 level PE and is very sporty so i just cudnt train properly
stewie

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i actually find my trainin partner dead handy..

he has come on miles thru the months n is now nearly threatening, it helps to motivate me and on some excercises gives me a hard challenge.. my fitness and strength has come on miles in the last 2 months of training with him..

chris83

Reaction score
truth be told most of my training is with BMF, transport (riding to/from work etc), weekend runs or free weights

rety

Reaction score
i do weights at the gym with a mate
run with my dog
and swim on my own :sailor:

Mark_Hancock

Reaction score
I have a training partner who was my ex PTI, he was also in the core himself and so knows what i am going through, we train 6 days a week a hour a day and its good. in the fact he is mucho's stronger than me, and i allways like to beat him/chase him competitively. on the odd day i have beat him at cycleing, but 98.9% of the time he beats me!

So yes i think haveing a training partner is a big encouragement for both!

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Train on my own and i try to shake things up a bit so i dont get too bored, But a training partner would be ideal, I try getting my girlfreind out and a bout with me as shes training for her nursing officer course in the RAF, but shes too afraid ill run off, Oh heck!

CreditDue MMA

Reaction score
I train on my own and best motivation for me is knowing what I will achieve as a result of it. And also, listening to US Military Cadences on an MP3 Player always help.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I train alot with a friend. He was at a stage where he wanted to join the RM. At the moment he's at uni and wants to be a fitness instructer.
I find it alot more challenging because i allways have to catch up to him which helps me scratch time off my PB, but when it comes to weights i can lift them for a while longer.
Over all it does help to have someone with you to train..