Bowe Bergdahl spared prison time for US Army desertion

Chelonian

Reaction score
The sentence imposed on Bergdahl by the US military justice system clearly flips the finger in the face of its own five-times-draft-dodging Commander in Chief.

wellmemedmyboy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is it not worse leaving stag, in country, down range, leaving your oppos with no stag? Probably they got a good nights sleep LUCKILY rather than a Taliban ambush...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The sentence imposed on Bergdahl by the US military justice system clearly flips the finger in the face of its own five-times-draft-dodging Commander in Chief.
Yep, imterestingly I read that Donald inherited his wealth and UK financiers reckon if he had simply left that wealth in the bank, he would have earned twice his current worth. In other words, he is as useful to business and finance as he was to the US military.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yep, imterestingly I read that Donald inherited his wealth and UK financiers reckon if he had simply left that wealth in the bank, he would have earned twice his current worth. In other words, he is as useful to business and finance as he was to the US military.

100% True, the only reason the banks couldn't bankrupt him in the 80's is that he owed them so much money, they couldn't do it. If you owe the bank £10,000 you have a problem. If you owe the bank, £500m, they have a problem.That's the old saying and it's what kept Trump out of poor street.

He was very lucky. I'm not at all sure he'd even currently be in the positive if all his debts were deducted from his assets.

As for the chap that walked off base. Not sure the real truth will ever come out. Just what he was thinking and just how many guys were lost or seriously injured in looking for him.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

But the business world isn’t a smooth curve. It’s ups and downs.

Could it be double? Yea probably. But woildnit have tripled? Or could it have halved?
You never know.

He’s paying more in tax than a lot of people though...

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
100% True, the only reason the banks couldn't bankrupt him in the 80's is that he owed them so much money, they couldn't do it. If you owe the bank £10,000 you have a problem. If you owe the bank, £500m, they have a problem.That's the old saying and it's what kept Trump out of poor street.

He was very lucky. I'm not at all sure he'd even currently be in the positive if all his debts were deducted from his assets.

As for the chap that walked off base. Not sure the real truth will ever come out. Just what he was thinking and just how many guys were lost or seriously injured in looking for him.

He’s not very well thought of in military circles
And there has been deaths directly because of him walking out. By either searching for him or the Enemy knowing their routes and procedures.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
He’s not very well thought of in military circles
And there has been deaths directly because of him walking out. By either searching for him or the Enemy knowing their routes and procedures.

Very true mate. If you listen to the Pentagon there were none. If you listen to the guys on the ground, there were definitely casualties in hunting for him. I tend to believe those on the ground's account.

I just don't get why this guy is being protected so much. Maybe he was on some secret op. It's so bizarre, sometimes it's best not to ask.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Very true mate. If you listen to the Pentagon there were none. If you listen to the guys on the ground, there were definitely casualties in hunting for him. I tend to believe those on the ground's account.

I just don't get why this guy is being protected so much. Maybe he was on some secret op. It's so bizarre, sometimes it's best not to ask.

Counter intelligence. He was in the lions den. Any snippet of info could be useful.

Latest posts

New Threads