Boxing Broxy

BoxingBroxy

Reaction score
Awrite lads. I have been recently looking into joining the RM and came upon this forum so I thought I would join up, :rock:!

I'm 21, currently unemployed and I have two kids. I've always had an interest in the AF but never done anything about it. Ever since I looked into the RMC I knew it was the thing for me. Especially since it would make my kids extremely proud if I managed to complete the training.

Anyway, I'm currently not physically fit enough by a long shot, so I was wondering if anyone can give me a rough timeline of how things move along? It will take me a few months to get into shape before I'm ready for any fitness tests, so should I apply now while preparing myself or wait until I am actually in shape before applying at all? Cheers lads.

Kyle

T

tricky123

Awrite mate!
Another fellow Scotlander on the site *text deleted*!

Its really up tae you mate, if you think you can do it, I think there is about a 3/4 month gap in between sending off your application and going to PRMC.

Im going to be sending ma app of about crimbo time hopefully.

Have ye got MSN bud :bigsmile:?

Best a luck with everyhin :rock: !

S

Sotiris

Welcome aboard Broxy.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but if you say you're very out of shape, unless you train full time I'd say it would take the better part of a year to get ready. I don't believe 3/4 months is good enough.

Remember it's not about just making the grade for PJFT and PRMC, you have to establish a base line.

Do you want to try and get to training asap?

Good luck with it all.

T

tricky123

Oh I see, I might do the same then. Train until about Christmas and then send off my application form as well.
If you decide to do that, keep in touch on MSN and maybe we could train together?

Im from Glasgow,

Tricky!

BoxingBroxy

Reaction score
Hmmm

When I say very out of shape, I'm not overweight or anything like that. My fitness levels just aren't up to par as I have done nothing but work and drink for three years. I may need a year, I'm not sure. I'll see what happens.

Yeah I'm going to start training this week. Need to get the old gym membership back I suppose, :nuts:.

Kyle

stayth

Reaction score
The best thing to do bud, is to just keep training until you feel you're ready for the fitness tests, i mean, they're going to absolutely run us to the ground on the PRMC to find out if we have the commitment and potential to be a marine. so dont give up dude.

Stayth

NELSON23

Reaction score
go for it

i think you should apply the now *text deleted*, but get training hard.
the application process will prob take a few month and you aint going to be sent for any fitness test unless you feel you are ready for it