Boxing workout

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
A full-on workout on friday at boxing rendered me unable to do ANY sit ups and about 10 press ups (in total!!) until this morning when I managed 25 press ups and 5 sit ups!

Is this a good thing and a sign of a good workout, or is it because I was pushed too hard or didn't warm up/warm down properly.

That night I ached all over and still did on sat morn which I thought was a sign of a good workout and felt good, but when I still ached on sat morning and all that day and night and the same on sun I thought maybe that wasn't such a good thing as I wasn't able to follow my usual routine over those 2 days?

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thats a good workout mate.
But this is why I believe in proteins bars!

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think this is anything to worry about Matt. Your body probably just isn't use to the intensity of the exercise. I get that when I haven't weight trained in a while, I can barely move my legs for a couple of days if I do heavy squats.
You can also get this if you're not drinking enough water during or after training. If you didn't stretch this could also be causing it.
If you're having trouble doing press ups/sit ups, it's probably because your body hasn't repaired the muscles it used. I wouldn't push it, just let your muscles repair and you'll come back stronger for it.

Hope that helps

Srew

Reaction score
I box 3 times per week and have been for the last 2 years and feel like that everytime. Its shows you're training hard.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Good stuff

Cool, thanks guys. Good advice.

I could have drank more water I guess, but its hard to when your constantly in the press up position, doing sit ups or being punched in the head!

It wasn't the aching that bothered me, just the fact it stopped me being able to do my usual press ups and sit ups.

Think I'm *text deleted* get on the pasta,tuna and chicken. Apparently avacado is amazing, full of calories and nothing bad. I can't stand it though, makes me urge!!

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you do a particularly tough boxing workout on the friday, take the whole wkend off, then get back into training on the monday