Boxing

Roddie

Reaction score
My girlfriends dad is a boxing coach, 1hr sessions every monday, and I get it for free. It's sooo tiring. Today, I could only do like 20 press-ups, compared to my usual, 120-140. I really don't know whats going on. It can't be tiredness/aching, '*text deleted* I still did 50 press ups and sit ups AFTER boxing. Anyone know of "delayed exhaustion"? *text deleted*,

Any running hints also?
I have my PJFT, and my running seems to be getting worse with practice?
God damn, my body is *text deleted*ed.

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Roddie said:
My girlfriends dad is a boxing coach, 1hr sessions every monday, and I get it for free. It's sooo tiring. Today, I could only do like 20 press-ups, compared to my usual, 120-140. I really don't know whats going on. It can't be tiredness/aching, '*text deleted* I still did 50 press ups and sit ups AFTER boxing. Anyone know of "delayed exhaustion"? *text deleted*,

Any running hints also?
I have my PJFT, and my running seems to be getting worse with practice?
God damn, my body is *text deleted*ed.
That better be in total not in one go, cause dam

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think your body can be more tired than you think sometimes Roddie.

If you have 3-4 days rest before your PJFT and a week before your PRMC I think it should help you. I know that with all my training I sometimes find it hard to do my optimum amount of push-ups etc.

If you are feeling you're not achieving anywhere near your usual, it's probably best to rest for a few days before starting again.

Mr T

Reaction score
If its soreness in your muscles that your feeling then its called DOMS -> Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

If this is what your experiencing then its natural to feel that way the day or 2 after a hard session.

Cheers

Roddie

Reaction score
cool. will bear in mind.

edd: 120-140 stretched over 10 mins or so.
recently started the "100 push ups for breakfast routine"

but yeah guys, boxing is excellent! :twisted:

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I used to take boxing, then I moved to martial arts. Currently in Jujitsu. If anyone has a jujitsu place near you... i fully recommend taking it! It teaches hand to hand combat, just like what they'll teach you this during RM training.

mikewebb

Reaction score
hey guys
boxing is a great work out, i do 2 hours 3 times a week and love it. i only took it up as i knew it would help me with my phys prep and it does loads. most gyms do a lot of press ups and sit ups all upper body strength and cv endurance(perfect prep for prmc) so if u know a local gym nearby where you can go and train you really should.
if you dont have a gym in your area just training at home and hanging a bag in the shed will still do the job. you have no idea how hard it is to continuely punch a bag round after round ..great training =D

GOOD LUCK