Boyfriend finishes training soon

Sunday

Reaction score
Hi everyone I just made an account here because I have so many questions and don’t know where to start or who to ask and with my boyfriend passing out in a few months nows probably a good time to ask. If i’m asking these questions in the wrong place please may someone help me find where to write them because I can’t figure this out for the life of me.

Firstly I’m 19 years old and my boyfriend is 20 and we’ve been together a few years and ik were very young but we both really want to make it work. I guess I’d just like to know what his life will be like after he finishes training so if anyone has any idea it’d be a massive help as i’m absolutely clueless as he can be very vague sometimes haha.

My life right now has been pretty much put on hold until Covid leaves. I finished sixth form right before it came along and i was in the process of applying for apprenticeships but i’m sure you can imagine the application processes have all been either cancelled or delayed til further notice. So for now I have a very temporary part time job which makes me very flexible. I’m still living in my home town and I’m desperate to move away to a city and I’m aware he’ll be living at one of a few places over the UK. Basically does anyone know if it is practical for me to follow my boyfriend to wherever he’s placed. Logistically I suppose it would also depend on where he is placed as cities are the best locations for apprenticeships for me etc. (admittedly I haven’t checked where he could be).

Finally he’s obviously going through a pretty challenging time at the moment and I have no idea how I can help/what kind of gifts to get to cheer him up etc. If anyone has any ideas it’d be a massive massive help as I’m completely clueless and just want to help!! Thankyouuuu

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome, very early days. My son passed out last year aged 19 and I can’t sugar coat it that you’re in for a hell of a ride! Well worth it and I hope you’re there through his journey. You’re honestly in the best possible place to ask questions and get reassurance. Hopefully a mod will add you to the parents and partners sub forum @Chelonian good luck to your man in his journey

Sunday

Reaction score
Thankyou so much I know it’ll be a lot and don’t really know what to expect but I think asking question here will definitely help :)

Chelonian

Reaction score
...I have so many questions and don’t know where to start or who to ask and with my boyfriend passing out in a few months nows probably a good time to ask.
I've added you to the Parent & Partner sub-forum so you should now be able to see it.

physiomum

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @Sunday to this fantastic group which has been a lifeline to me.
I’m a mum not a partner but spending time on here, reading the various posts and familiarising yourself with each step of the training programme will help you to be more aware of the process he’s going through. Understanding the jargon, routines, stresses and disappointments as well as the “highs” will enable you to give very specific support and encouragement to your nod. In addition, any specific questions, worries or concerns you may have can be addressed by the many helpful members here.
All the best to you both.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just made an account here because I have so many questions and don’t know where to start or who to ask and with my boyfriend passing out in a few months nows probably a good time to ask. If i’m asking these questions in the wrong place please may someone help me find where to write them because I can’t figure this out for the life of me.

Firstly I’m 19 years old and my boyfriend is 20 and we’ve been together a few years and ik were very young but we both really want to make it work. I guess I’d just like to know what his life will be like after he finishes training so if anyone has any idea it’d be a massive help as i’m absolutely clueless as he can be very vague sometimes haha.

My life right now has been pretty much put on hold until Covid leaves. I finished sixth form right before it came along and i was in the process of applying for apprenticeships but i’m sure you can imagine the application processes have all been either cancelled or delayed til further notice. So for now I have a very temporary part time job which makes me very flexible. I’m still living in my home town and I’m desperate to move away to a city and I’m aware he’ll be living at one of a few places over the UK. Basically does anyone know if it is practical for me to follow my boyfriend to wherever he’s placed. Logistically I suppose it would also depend on where he is placed as cities are the best locations for apprenticeships for me etc. (admittedly I haven’t checked where he could be).

Finally he’s obviously going through a pretty challenging time at the moment and I have no idea how I can help/what kind of gifts to get to cheer him up etc. If anyone has any ideas it’
When my bro was in training he told me sending him letters and pictures of us together really boosted his morale and helped him get thru. It's the little things that can really make someone's day and help them through recruit training.