Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Breaking News - London Bridge gunfire

Discussion in 'Military News and Clips' started by Ninja_Stoker, Jun 3, 2017.

1. sharpe

sharpe Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    You can’t give up though, no matter how hard you find “the point”. Everyday members of the public put themselves in mortal danger. That’s the point,

• Like Like x 2
  2. rkec

rkec Member

They put themselves in danger because our politicians let him stay in this country after he had already been in prison for terrorism. If that officers hadn't have shot him, he'd be out in 15-20 years for killing two innocent people.

They say Corbyn is soft on terrorism because of what he says. But the actions of the other lot are just as bad, they just have the common sense not to say it publicly.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    True. Some politians have a problem with anti-semitism due to the fact their leader questions the reason Israel exists

If Jewish extremists start stabbing people, beheading British service personnel and smashing hijacked airliners into skyscrapers in the name of their religion, perhaps opinions may change.

4. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

Hopefully this will address the elephant in the room, that constantly gets ignored and has gone on too long and needs to be dealt with; and that’s the horrendous, deep rooted and cancerous problem of Islamist Extremism in our Prison system, which needs dealt with.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rkec

rkec Member

"A pair of metal detectorists who found and tried to keep Viking treasure worth £3million have been jailed for a collective 18 and a half a years."

Worth remembering that these two were sentenced to time longer than 90% of those convicted of terrorist offences in the UK.

I'm still of the opinion that there is a group in this country that is hell bent on causing the conditions for a civil war.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Since 2000 terrorism has taken the lives of fewer than 100 people in the UK. During the same period obesity related conditions killed around 500,000 people in the UK.

Terrorism is a type of theatre, they kill a handful of people and cause millions to fear for their lives. We can all play a part in defeating it by not overreacting and obsessing over it. I have deployed to the scene of a terror attack and I am not dismissing its tragic effects on victims & their loved ones. Trust that we have excellent people working behind the scenes to defeat terrorism here.

Let’s keep perspective and not let these mugs get into our heads. If you are aware of something suspicious, trust your instincts and report it to the police. What might seem insignificant on its own could actually provide a vital link in a wider investigation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

I note you are 18 years old, are you a cop or public service student out of interest? No malice, genuinely wondering.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rkec

rkec Member

I see what you are saying but those deaths through obesity would be self inflicted and a determined choice by the individual that was effected. These were people who made no wrong choices, that means that it could have been any of us.

I still don't get why people think you can take someone who dam well hates us and our way of life, lock him up for 7 years and expect him to be in a better mood with us when he comes out.

Terrorism, including aiding terrorism should carry an instant life sentence, no parole followed by deportation to whichever place will take them if they weren't born here.

I can handle Terrorist attacks as a fact of life if everything possible is being done to prevent them. At the moment, it isn't, if anything it is being aided.

I'd fully advocate going back to the old outlaw system of justice. If you don't want to act within the law, you don't get the benefit of the protection from it. Basically you are fair game to vigilantes.

9. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Well we could draw the same comparison with victims of violent crime, i.e knife crime. But I take your point mate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SarriesFan

SarriesFan Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    No offence taken. I'm not a police officer but I am a PCSO.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

A spring house hero.

Just be careful about going too militant online. PSD have a habit of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

12. SarriesFan

SarriesFan Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I've only been operational for 6 weeks. I do however, believe that I can voice my honest held opinions which I have formed after speaking to colleagues and family in the job as well as my analysis of the news over the years.

I'll take what you said about psd on board and be careful with what I post in the future. I'm not going to argue against your experience.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

It’s all good. My intentions are protective.

See PM. I come in peace.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Completely disagree with that first bit and it boils my *text deleted* when people bring that straw man arguements. It’s like when Boston Marathon attacks happened and people were coming out with that crap about more Americans are killed by baths.

And death resulting from an accident is completely different to someone actively taking the steps to cause disorder, chaos and death in the name of an idealogy (or fairytale) statements like that completely cheapen it.

More people are killed by RTCs than guns in American but you still see the left pushing that agenda.

There’s a line between tolerance and understand, and being a bitch, bending over and throwing away the lube.

Look at the rise of right wing politics and nationalism across the US, and Europe. The people have had enough. People are sick of crap like this, and the political elite are so far up their own hoops with their own agendas, they have a huge gap between the regular joe on the street and the rest of their cronies.

The last part I completely agree with, any small detail can help.

Playing devils advoste.... You don’t see any Sikhs going round slitting people’s throats do you? Funny that.

Maybe if the police actually did their job instead of chasing imaginary thought crime, wasting money painting police cars with rainbows and being dragged into BS cases.....

• Like Like x 3
  15. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

And henceforth proves my point.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

What about the fact that violent crime has risen exponentially since the 1996 gun ban?

What about the fact that Concealed carry and open carry states in America actually have less violent crime than those with stricter gun control?

What about the fact that gangs in London have actually admitted that due to the increased immigration and lack of control they are forced to escalate the violence themselves?

What about the correlation (if there is any) of increase in violent crime and rape with increased immigration such as Sweden, and more specifically the violent crime in Malmo?

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Don’t fall into that trap mate. Keep your opinions to yourself, keep your PERSEC, nod along to the box ticking exercises and play along. They will get you with thought crime.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

In December 2001 Richard Reid boarded an American Airlines flight from Paris to Miami. His failed ‘shoe bomb’ attempt resulted in his conviction in the USA and a sentence of three life sentences plus 110 years without parole in a super maximum prison.

This sentence took into account Reid’s cooperation with US authorities during the subsequent investigation so arguably he got off lightly. :)

And yet, arguably Reid achieved his aim of terrorising his target. He forever changed the way airport security is handled in the USA causing considerable inconvenience to travellers and billions of dollars of shoe-related additional security costs since 2001.

I don't have any data to support my suspicion but it would be interesting to know how many deaths and life changing injuries occur in those states because of NDs.

• Seen Seen x 1
  19. rkec

rkec Member

Immigration and terrorism in Japan seems to be linked to immigration. They have very little of either. They still have a first class health service and first class public services that we are constantly told cannot be achieved.

Sweden is the Harrod's shop window of the failed multicultural experiment. 200 Grenade attacks this year. Doesn't even get reported now. Army patrolling some streets, if any patrols are done at all.

Stabbings in the Hague reported this afternoon, 2-3 kids killed.

• Seen Seen x 1
  20. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

Before we go any further, I’ll post this disclaimer.

This is a debate and there is nothing personal here, I still love you. Lots.

So, let’s address a few of your opinions just incase anyone thinks they are facts

Firstly, my point wasn’t about comparing one cause of death with another. It was an attempt to highlight the theatre of terrorism and how our overreacting can play straight into their hands.
    The theatre of terror cannot succeed without publicity. Unfortunately, the media all too often provides this publicity for free. It obsessively reports terror attacks and greatly inflates their danger, because reports on terrorism sell. Terrorists hold our imagination captive, and use it against us.

Secondly, I am on duty tonight and I can assure you I will not be deployed to any “thought crimes”. I shan’t be racing in my rainbow coloured car to arrest someone for tweeting a rude word. Don’t buy into the hysterical press reports that officers spend all their time attending Pride marches.

What you may not be aware of is how Police are required to operate under NCRS and home office counting rules. Therefore, tonight I will only be deployed to incidents involving threat/harm/risk. Although I am one of those annoying posey types that carries a bang bang stick I have opted for some overtime on response, I’m money grabbing.

To demonstrate this here is a list of the jobs I personally attended last night (sanitised for data)

3 x Domestics resulting in two males arrested for assault.

2 x Drunk and Disorderly. One male further arrested for assault police.

Sus males stopped and searched- One arrested for possession of Class A.

High risk missing person search- No trace

Grade one response to stolen motorbike. Offenders made off, motorbike forensically recovered

Area search for wanted male

1 female detained under mental Health act.

Granted it is not an exhaustive list but it gives you a genuine snap shot of a typical duty. Rest assured despite what you might think you know counter terrorism police are working daily to counter the threat. The threat from terrorism is real and serious. We've seen that terrorists can strike at any time and any place without warning. The police serve a key role in protecting the UK- they aren’t too busy painting rainbow flags.

I read an article once that I think the hysterical right and hysterical left both need to read. Here’s a quote

Terrorists are like a fly that tries to destroy a china shop. The fly is so weak that it cannot budge even a single teacup. So it finds a bull, gets inside its ear and starts buzzing. The bull goes wild with fear and anger, and destroys the china shop.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1