Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Brexit Fork from Things that annoy you. Your rants

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by Atlas10, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Constitutionally and legally their voice is louder than that of the electorate. The referendum was sold on a misleading prospectus.

The MPs' dilemma is whether the electorate will 'punish' them or not. My guess is that our apathy (as an electorate) will preserve the status quo and that the population will revert to focusing on celebrity trivia on TV.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'd say on matters of governing etc. yes but they consistently block the progression of a referendum and are even advocating for a U-turn which goes beyond the scope of their role i feel. Once the voice has collectively spoken etc surely they have an obligation to follow it. Guess it really is just down to the next election where they can lie and carry on as they wish. The 24 hour news cycle means they can divert our attention elsewhere by the time that issue comes up.

Also have to keep up with the Kardashians so there really is a lot going on around here to think about besides the downfall of the democratic process.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    What polls are these? The same ones that said remain would win and Clinton would win....?

Don’t believe everything the media tries to feed you. It fits their agenda..

You are bang on with the negative media output and scare mongerinf.

Every article in the BBC seems to be about some far fetched scare story about Brexit.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

No. You might think that the political class has a moral obligation—I certainly do—but parliament takes precedence in our representative democratic model. Further referenda (a nod to the pedants there) will be equally 'advisory' and equally meaningless. I'll not engage with another one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Won't be so meaningless when the vote comes out Remain. Collective sigh of relief for those pushing this agenda. I can already feel the condescending smugness of those on that march.

Meh point taken and agreed, but it's all we can go on and clearly there is a strong push back against the decision. The intimidation of change will force a lot to reconsider their vote. I would love to see a referendum happen with a larger majority for Leave. Just imagine the faces and the rhetoric after that! But i think the odds are stacked against a fatigued Leave campaign from the outset if you're going for a round 2.

The worst part is we haven't even seen what a breakaway looks like. The fear-mongering is so easy because they're delaying progress into any significant developments whatsoever. But it is true that people all want a different Leave scope and its beginning to split the process up and prevent clear direction (well, not beginning its been in full swing from the outset). That German MEP from the video you shared earlier advocates for another Ref with three options of No deal, May's deal and cancel Brexit. Again this would split votes between the two leave options surely and cancel Brexit may come out with the majority. I don't really know how they proceed with Brexit other than no deal since its too hard to get anyone to agree to any of the conditions set.

7. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I think we can all agree that off the back of this whole Brexit thing. We need a day where everyone cancels their TV license and stage a protest of this bias waste of tax payers money.
    And a protest against their horrendous coverage of it while being shafted by the EU and taking hand outs from them.

• Like Like x 4
  8. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  9. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  10. Rover

Rover Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. Moonduster

Moonduster Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent

Someone talking some sense!

12. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

• Like Like x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  13. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Tv license is the worst law in this country

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  14. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Agreed. US citizens express amazement that we have to pay a BBC tax to watch TV and that non-payment of fines for dodging the BBC tax can and does result in imprisonment. I've heard it compared to Saudi Arabia's archaic restrictions on the movement of women.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  15. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I remember reading or hearing something on the BBC news about how the TV license was going to be scrapped, and a subscription type system was going to be put in place.

It suddenly all went quiet and I have heard anything like it for a long time, so obviously the bean counters actually sat down and worked out that the BBC would be well and truely screwed, because a fraction of people would watch it.

We just need to pick a date, in relation to all this Brexit crap, and just have as many people as we can cancel their TV license as a protest and refuse to pay it.

I am sure that’s how they did it in New Zealand, they just woke up on a certain day and everyone had refused.

I can’t stand BBC breakfast either. Just awkward banter, sh1t stories and nonsense stories that make you wonder how it ever made the News.

• Like Like x 2
  16. rkec

rkec New Member

I know exactly what is going to happen mate. They are going to scrap the tv license fee and put it on your broadband bills for the benefit of the BBC. I 100% guarantee this is what is going to happen. It is the only thing that they can now force on us without us being able to abstain from.

They'll come up with some junk excuse, too many snouts in the trough for them to accept reality.

• Seen Seen x 1
  17. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I agree that a broadband tax is inevitable. How much of that revenue will fund the BBC is anyone's guess.

18. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    • Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  19. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I reckon that BREXIT (in any meaningful way) is over. As stated earlier that outcome was inevitable as soon as the 29 March exit date was 'postponed' last week.

The political class will kick the can along the road for another year until the time is right for another referendum.

The Cooper-Bowles bill being rushed through parliament legally prohibits a 'no deal' exit. Any 'deal' will be a compromise which will effectively leave the UK under the control of the EU.

I sense that I'm stating the blinking obvious here but the establishment seems determined to perpetuate the myth that BREXIT will ever happen while undermining it. Snouts in the trough.

porkypig.jpg

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  20. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yep. Bang on the money and exactly what I have been saying from the start. We will actually never see it.

Only one thing for it, cancelling the TV license and voting UKIP in the next election. Protest vote.

• Like Like x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2