British Military Fitness

Hopefull Mr G

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Not sure if any are aware of this but has been around for some time now and they are in alot of places up and down the UK. I have been going for about 2 months now and thoroughly enjoy it. They push you harder than the gym and involves all exercises aswel as alot of CV.

Its run by serving or ex military all of which have to be qualified and I have even encountered 2 Marine PTIs, which gave me a few tips (work on my upper body.)

They have different grading dependent on how fit you are and also run weekly fitness assessments. You want to get to a green bib stage and stay there comfortably for at least a month. I attend 5 days a week whilst gym, swimming, runs and bike rides. It might be of use to you, also they can show you the correct way in which to perform each exercise and warm down the right muscles thus sustaining little aches and injury.

Check the website out or just give them a call. Or if you want further insight just let me know.

http://www.britmilfit.com/index.aspx

Cheers

Kris

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
looks ok but a bit expensive

spiderman

Reaction score
Alrite mr g? I do do this aswell mate, I would like to attend it 5 times a week however I have college etc on some of the days. I feel really self concious exercising around other people however doing this for about the same time as you has boosted my confidence a bit. I go three to four times per week on the under 21 unlimited scheme. I am in the red group, as were I do it the greens are like supermen and i'm like wonderwoman at the moment *text deleted* not quite there yet but it will come. I would recommend this for potential royal marines becuase the sessions are based around armed forces pt workouts and are a good bit of phys. Classes last for an hour and include jogging, sprints, hill work, push ups. sit ups etc. Groups are split into 3 sections; BLUE - novice RED - intermediate GREEN - advanced. And an extra for tight C*text deleted**s like me is that they provide all the water and you dont have to bring your own!

Hopefull Mr G

Reaction score
Went last night, encountered a new exercise called a bstardo which was very interesting to do 20 of those!! A hybrid squat thrust, press up and star jump in one. NICE!!

But on the plus side of things I did get forced up to a green bib last night which will be harder next time but has to be done for the Marines. It boosts your confidence alot when you are noticed for your psyical ablitlty from the training team, also it pushes you harder to improve yourself and get fitter in the long run.

One thing I must point out is that the people you meet there are great. Very focussed, nice and very well trained individuals. Its a nice feeling that the people around you encourage you and will you on to do better, also they are the people doing 10-20km runs every weekend just for the crack. So you know they have been through it all.

New Threads