British Military Fitness

S

Sotiris

Just got back from my first session (which is free!) with the British Military Fitness group. Went down there with margetts.

I strongly advise all serious RM applicants to at least take advantage of the free session.

It was really well organised and they push you. The leader of the whole group with ex-para and looked *text deleted**text deleted*ing hard as nails but couldn't have been more friendly or informative.

They put you through circuit training and push you in a way that you'd never do on your own.

It's really really valuable training.

http://www.britmilfit.com/

S

Sotiris

Arrrrrrgh! Hahaha I'm in Cardiff! Myself and Danny went today. I put out a thread a few days ago specifically for this.

Brilliant! Come along. PM me if you're interested. It's really worth while.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
bah im from great barr/sutton way

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
is there a site were i can find out were they are ? link it plz :)

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hi new user, long time reader and all that jazz.

I was looking at the previous thread you made about it, looks brilliant, especially for the motivation side of things.

Im from cardiff myself but currently having money problems, was going to sign up after I get out of this patch, got any more information about it? Such as the activities you did etc, rather curious you see :biggrin:

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
Arrrrrrgh! Hahaha I'm in Cardiff! Myself and Danny went today. I put out a thread a few days ago specifically for this.

Brilliant! Come along. PM me if you're interested. It's really worth while.
Im a cardiff boy as well, when is the next one? I leave friday, am i going to miss it?

margetts

Reaction score
it's great

went with sotiris and got a pasting! :wink:
probably the best thing to prepare you for the real thing.
just dont think you can do intermediate. (thought i had a base level fittness)
boy i was wrong. *text deleted*
lots of circuit then running then circuit. etc
probly the closest thing to the fittnes test any one could get!
(three levels / novice / intermediate / advance )
great day!

british millitary fittness guy's be the best! :cheesy: *text deleted*

S

Sotiris

At the bottom of my first post is the link for BMF. I'll post it again to make sure:

http://www.britmilfit.com/

They have a session everyday except for Sunday. Sessions last for an hour. Each one is run by a different instructor everyday so it's always different.

What we did yesterday was circuit training. Lots of push-ups, sit ups, squats, burpees and loads of others.

Ended with a team game, a chimera mix between rugby/netball hehe.

Basically you're not supposed to rest for that entire hour, when your not running you're jogging on the spot.

You can make the sessions as hard for yourself as you like.

My heart rate was up for an entire hour. Pretty sweet.

mercurydrake

Reaction score
i go to the one in plymouth and it is hard work but it is worth doing, it's enjoyable and hard so it balance's out.
i would advise people to go to these sessions.