British Military Fitness

S

Sotiris

A few of you may have seen me preach this before. I'm going to keep doing so until it works.

http://www.britmilfit.com/

Run by ex-military and current PTI's who know exactly what they're doing.

In my case, I've introduced myself to all the training staff and explained my ambitions so they give me a lot of help and a little "special attention"...which means a good old *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**text deleted*.

If the least you do is go for the free trial session it'll be a valuable experience.

Do it lads :bud:!

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I run pass them all the time at Hyde park (London)

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What the hell, there is a joining fee, a monthly fee, and then a fee for the classes?
Or have I misunderstood it?

S

Sotiris

Yea I got caught out too at first.

There is a joining fee and a monthly fee. But they are combined so the joining fee just adds about 10 pounds onto your first monthly bill. The session fees you're looking at are for one to one's.

I pay 35 a month for potentially 6 sessions a week...could be more if I was in London.

Gidion

Reaction score
I have been to a couple of these classes, and am proud to say i was an instant green bib ninja. The classes were really good, and run by an ex-rm, however, at the one nearest to me, about 60% were snobby middle aged women, and i just found them, well, a bit irritating to be honest, and never went back!

People do say that you can do all they do, on your own and for free, which is true, but its good to have someone pushing you and shouting at you, and just working you a bit harder than you might on your own, but to be honest, i just prefer it on my todd.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i believe they wave the joining fee if you pay by DD and set up 3month membership, though for some that wouldn't be feasible.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
These guys have just opened up one of these in Sheffield. I had my second session last night, been a green bib both times.
All I can say is that this is absolutely brilliant if you want to confirm/improve your fitness levels. I consider myself very fit, but after doing these two sessions I realise I lack recovery speed after sprinting.

We did a thing last night where you sprint uphill to the first cone, do 10 press-ups, sprint back to the start, sprint to the second cone, do 10 press-ups, return to the start etc. They had 10 cones and they were gradually getting further away. By the 8th cone I was hanging out.

Afterwards I ran 4 miles home (slow jog 8.5mph, didn't have energy to do more). I intend to merge these sessions into my training program. I should be more than ready for the gym tests at PRMC if I stick with this.

Cheers Sotiris for telling us about this.