British Military Fitness

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone recomend going to BMF as part of your training, or just train yourself? I have been considering going for my free trial when i have recovered from my injury, but its quite far away from where i live. Also do they concentrate on running cause i do all the other stuff at boxing training?

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about going too as my training is falling behind a bit, but the closest one to me is an hour away, i'd like to know if it's worth it, like do they push you. at the one nearest to me the senior instructor is an ex royal

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A number of lads on here go to these sessions and I can assure you, they are very good. They focus on sprints and body weight training which is an essential aspect of the PRMC.
Definitely go and try the free session.

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A number of lads on here go to these sessions and I can assure you, they are very good. They focus on sprints and body weight training which is an essential aspect of the PRMC.
Definitely go and try the free session.

Yeh think im *text deleted* go. That means i will be doing

MON-BMF
TUE-Boxing
WED-BMF
THU-Boxing

Im not sure if this is to much cause my boxing training is hard enough? Should i run at the weekend?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to my free trial later. It's in tooting bec, can't wait for the thrashings. Training on my own is not the same in my opinion.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
is there a site were you can find out where they are? i would like to go on one but i do not know where they are.

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Closest one to me is in Cambridge, i'll be going there this saturday if anyone goes to the one in cambridge, just had another look on the website but it appears the ex royal that was the senior instructor there isn't there anymore, still going though

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im confused with the prices with BMF

is it saying if your under 21 you can get it Direct Debit Monthly Fee of £25
and go to as many sessions as you want?

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So what's confusing you? You can literally go to as many sessions as you like in any city.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Right, I done the BMF trial yesterday and it was great fun. There were parts where I felt quite strained like some thing where you have to bridge your body with your forearms and feet. After a while you do feel the inner core strain but it's all good.

They don't really focus on running but you will be doing it a lot. I took up the red bib yesterday which was Intermediate level. Blue bib is like a novice level and green bib is advanced.

Really anyone who has the PRMC very shortly should be looking at aiming towards green bib. They'll probably push you out of your comfort zone, you'll probably want to be sick but with a few of these sessions it'll only make preperation for the PRMC better.

I've just signed up. I'm paying £38 a month which does seem a bit steep but I can attend every single day of the week if I wanted. It's better than going to the gym for £40 a month in my opinion. Also I really want to pass this PRMC, so I need all the motivation and best work outs I can get!

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Right, I done the BMF trial yesterday and it was great fun. There were parts where I felt quite strained like some thing where you have to bridge your body with your forearms and feet. After a while you do feel the inner core strain but it's all good.

Yeah that's called the plank,
well it is at this boxing gym I went to,
just done a couple of minutes of it.

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Adz if your under 21 its 25 a month right?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that's called the plank,
well it is at this boxing gym I went to,
just done a couple of minutes of it.

We must have done it for over 5 minutes or something. It's weird to explain why we had to do it so long, but the longer everyone else took at these runs up and down the field, the longer we had to do this plank.

I've noticed that some boxing clubs are all about fitness some are about technique. I'd say the one I go to is about technique but it does include circuits.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Adz if your under 21 its 25 a month right?

Right, but I'm 21 in 10 days mate so they said I couldn't do that deal.
The first month is £29 for me, but I think after that it'll be more like £38 but I don't mind :)

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Guys, the easiest session at BMF I had was my trial session. The instructor that time didnt' really push us as much.

Since then, I've had sessions where just 10 minutes into it and I feel destroyed.

Lastnight was my toughest ever session. I chose the advanced bib and I was victimised! I was the only advanced one down there and it really does take it out of you.

Unless you've attended a PRMC, I'd doubt you'll do anything more tiring in the space of 60 minutes! At the end of the session, you'll feel good and the atmosphere is awsome!

If you still have a lot of time to go until you take your PRMC, I'd advise you to get your butts down for a free trial and then sign up. Take the red bib, don't under-estimate it! When your ready, take the green!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Any lads, near blackheath? and *text deleted* do the BMF? im looking to train with someone with BMF classes. I will go other BMF locations, depends where.

New Threads