Britmil Fitness

MI64

Reaction score
Have heard about these guy.

There is a group in London that do Royal Marines fitness, was wondering if anyone had come across them and if they are any good.
One guy has told me they are a kind of social circle as well as getting people fit.
Is it civvy fitness or a good old Forces 'extra phys'???

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
the instructors are all ex military PTI's a quite a few of the lads here use them according to them they're excellent. if you register with them you get a free trial. why not try them?

hobbsy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The britmilfit one sounds pretty good, one near me in cambridge, think im going to do the free trial next monday, ill let you know how it goes, one of the PTI's is ex-29 commando (artillery) so it'd be cool to meet him as he's done commando course.
The RM one in london is called commando fitness trainers i think, and thats all ex-RM's, bit far for me to travel regualry, but might try a session, seems a bit cheaper as well as its a smaller business than Britmilfit.
Its all good fizz so give it a go.

S

Sotiris

I have been a member of BMF for 4 months now and been preaching them all the way. I've actually put up a few threads about them as well.

They're brilliant.

I'm climbing Mt Kinabalu in Borneo with them in November. 9 day race through the jungle then up to the summit. It's going to be sweeeeeeeeet and at least give me something else to chat about at the SIFT interview.

I've done some military service before so I can testify with some experience that they know what they're doing. As it says on the tin "military fitness".

You've got nothing to loose by going to the free trial.

So far I've been beasted by a Para, Engi, Signaller and a Commando.

If you tell them what your ambition with the Marines are they all pay you "special attention"...basically beast the hell out of you. But it's never done to dicourage you. They are all very positive. One of them even drew up a fitness programme for me over the summer based of my performance.

Do it :bud:!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
fair play on Mt Kinabalu, that's going to test you. bloody hell.

S

Sotiris

Aye, I hope so.

I literally only did it at the last moment. I was the last person to sign up and luckily, as I sent in my request the manager was reading a request for drop out. Pretty darn lucky.

Hopefully it'll give me a lot to say when I get asked "how have you challenged yourself".