Broken Bones

Stormus

Reaction score
Hi all,my mate new someone who the other day failed his medical for the army because he broke his arm when he was younger.
I broke my lower tibula 2 years ago and had a piece of metal attached so it healed in the right place and my ankle was pushed back into place,it feels very solid now and i was in plaster for 6 weeks,does this mean im bollox'd to?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The short answer is that your medical suitability for service is determined by your Medical Examiner (ME) so there's not much point listening to anecdotal experiences as every case is different. In some cases the plates need to be removed, in others they don't.

The ME will write off for your medical notes concerning the injury & will then assess your medical suitability on an individual basis.

chris1988

Reaction score
mate ive broken both my arms, 1 was a serious brake and 1 wasnt, ive been passed medically fit for service! so mate i dont think youll have anything to worry about, but i would say this, the medical examiner does take each case on a person by person basis really, but to be fair youll be fine if you have full mobility it shoudnt be a problem!

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've broken my left wrist, right femur (Which WAS a bad break) and a metacarpal in right hand and I passed.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,my mate new someone who the other day failed his medical for the army because he broke his arm when he was younger.
I broke my lower tibula 2 years ago and had a piece of metal attached so it healed in the right place and my ankle was pushed back into place,it feels very solid now and i was in plaster for 6 weeks,does this mean im bollox'd to?

Like Ninja said its up to the Doc on medical day, i have broken multiple bones and the Doc passed me. Don't worry about it until the day as it will do you no good having increased stress levels.

All the best
Chris