Building Fitness

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Allright lads.

As i said in a previous thread, I have just started training since September now because of the Ex Girlfriend :doh:. Anyway. At the start (dont laugh *text deleted*) I could barely run a mile. When I could my time was 8 minutes 22 seconds. 1.5 mile was 12 minutes 43 seconds.

My press ups (marine) were 25. Sit ups wer 30. Pull ups were 2.

Now my training consists of this. 1 mile is 7 minutes 9 seconds, 1.5 mile is 10 minutes, press ups is 40, sit ups are 40, pull ups are 5.

Now is this looking good for only training again seriously for a month or should it be a lot better.

Oppinions please lads.

(P.s. My sit ups are *text deleted**text deleted*. Arent improving much)

RC

Reaction score
That looks like good progress mate. I would be happy with those results.

Rich.

Rob Wallace

Reaction score
Well i have kinda always been in training as im a full time judo coach and used to compete at a fairly decent level.

My sit ups, pull ups and press ups are excellent.........but i never ran that much before. i just tried to bat out a 1.5 miler in under 9 minutes on my first ever attempt, done 1.2 way to quick..... and then was ready to spew.

So take note....

many small steps is the way forward. I am now feeling slightly defeated.... time to get the drawing board out.

Poster looks like your doin a bit better than me on the running ... keep up the good progress.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No i agree with the other guys too. Dont put yourself down tho your making good progress because when i started, some of those results you got are simular or even betterthen mine!
Keep it up mate

Ash

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well heres one for you dude;

when i started trainin in july i think it was i actually couldnt run a mile..
pressups were average, situps diabolical, pullups were not too bad but my general fitness was poooor...

ive jst cracked my second ever 3 miler... 'woot' in 21.55 ... not very fast in comparison to others but to be even able to run 3 miles is brill in my mind *text deleted* ...
your scores are quickly coming up to par so dont worry, thats a real good improvement.. just dont go too crazy and end up risking injury..

Ash

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for the confidence boost lads.

Il just keep doin what *text deleted* been doing *text deleted* but keep building my fitness up again.

Abdab

Reaction score
You can see youve progressed, and by quite abit. Thats really good. Just keep doing as you are because then those will just keep getting higher and higher :)

Your stats were just like mine when I did a breif fitness test to see my levels from beggining, now ive improved loads over a period of a month. Keep it up

Matty72

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Brilliant!

That progress in such a short space of time is brill.
I found a guy called Steve Maxwell on youtube and he shows loads of different exercises for beginner intermediate and advanced.

Well Done mate if you keep working hard you'll be super fit in no time. :applaus:

buzz88

Reaction score
You mind me asking if your still at school proudtobebritish?

I am and i am hoping to send off application around the same time as you, and get PRMC and RT at about the same time.

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thats awsome mate, keep it up and you will be ready for PRMC in no time!

Whats your training regime like though? I'm having trouble with my fitness *text deleted* so I wouldn't mind nicking yours ;)

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent work mate, if you can do that in just a month imagine how fit you will become in a year