"Bull*text deleted**text deleted* Marines"

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Im getting increasingly pissed off with lads telling me they are in the marines, only after a bit of questioning they know *text deleted**text deleted* all.

First scenoria, some fat ass chav *text deleted**text deleted*er on weds was telling me he was in the marines blah blah blah....afghanistan blah blah blah. I asked a simple question like which "Commando Unit where you in?" he couldnt name the commando units.....any of them, just told me he was at Stone House, what a *text deleted**text deleted*,

And last night.....some *text deleted**text deleted* in the pub was giving it the big pissed up bull*text deleted**text deleted*, i asked him the same sort of questions and he fell at the first hurdle....astonishing thing is he had the words "commando" tattooed under his british bulldog. Yet he couldnt tell me which Commando unit he was/is in?

I suspect he was in the Army, and did AAC......*text deleted* he was built well, and told all his sissy girls some bull*text deleted**text deleted* to get his end licked.

I hate tha sort of bull*text deleted**text deleted*, i hope no one hear uses the old im a marine thing *text deleted* people see straight through you.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Never come across it personally...

They must have some mental problems *text deleted* :\

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
to be honest except my girlfriend no-one knows i've signed up- it's none of their business, i'll tell them if and when i start RT

TheYeti

Reaction score
I had untill recently a young lad that worked for me that walted it up as a member of Liv Det RMR doing his commando training.

He just came out with it one day...no idea what inspired him to start spouting.

Funny thing was though he never once, whilst in my employment, went away on weekend exercises or ever went down to CTC for any length of time that needed time off work...strange that....

Though to his credit he did have fairly good knowledge of the Royal Marines and must have done alot of reading up.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
to be honest except my girlfriend no-one knows i've signed up- it's none of their business, i'll tell them if and when i start RT
mm i havnt told anyone either, unless they ask...obviously im proud that im *text deleted* there slowly, but im not one to show off about it...

if *text deleted* joinin up to have something to show off about, then *text deleted* not gna get very far in it at all are you !...

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It's surprising the amount of blokes I've met who've claimed to be in the SAS. Even one guy said he was in the SBS....

Another was talking about serving in the Falklands, even though he left the Army several years earlier and his regiment (Royal Anglican) was never deployed there.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i get asked if im a marine, simply because i have a green hoody with "royal marines" in big letters on the back (bought it from lympston as i have been there a few times with cadets) and although i have been tempted to say yeah i am, i decided to say no every time, as i feel its pointless as i dont like lieing.

i now limit wearing it souly to the gym where almost every knows im only a wanabe *text deleted*.. but its all good.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
i get asked if im a marine, simply because i have a green hoody with "royal marines" in big letters on the back (bought it from lympston as i have been there a few times with cadets) and although i have been tempted to say yeah i am, i decided to say no every time, as i feel its pointless as i dont like lieing.

i now limit wearing it souly to the gym where almost every knows im only a wanabe *text deleted*.. but its all good.
We had a similar thread regarding the Potential Royal Marines Commando tee-shirts given out after PRMC. The general consensus appeared to be that they were a good idea as they spurred people on.

Dunno if it's just me, but you can usually spot someone who falsely claims to be a trained Commando a mile off. The genuine article tends to be easily picked-out due to their physique and an air of inner competence/self-belief.

ninjamej

Reaction score
i agree with u lads there but cant say ive heard of anyone saying it but i *text deleted* say it would pisss me off if i heard some loud dmouth pongo saying hes a marine of so hobbo saying he is

prmc 2/09/2008
if life is hard
death must be easy

Matt2085

Reaction score
It's surprising the amount of blokes I've met who've claimed to be in the SAS. Even one guy said he was in the SBS....
there seems to be one of these in every local *text deleted*! Every one fails to answer any detailed questions at all though *text deleted*...

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
We had a similar thread regarding the Potential Royal Marines Commando tee-shirts given out after PRMC. The general consensus appeared to be that they were a good idea as they spurred people on.

Dunno if it's just me, but you can usually spot someone who falsely claims to be a trained Commando a mile off. The genuine article tends to be easily picked-out due to their physique and an air of inner competence/self-belief.
I have to say those Potential Royal Marine t-shirts are a bit gay. Mind saying that i have a few "Support 81" t-shirts.....so i suppose its the same thing raising awarness of the cause.

Beats

Reaction score

*text deleted*... I have a Royal Navy rugby Shirt on the left hand sleave in the RM insignia. I when wearing it I always get asked "are you a marine?". The other day i had just come off the train after some time with some freinds and was on the phone when some bloke yelled at me "OY BOOTNECK" at first i though *text deleted**text deleted* whats does this guy want, is he a para who wants to fill me in? (*text deleted**text deleted*!) or a marine who thinks im a walter? (*text deleted**text deleted*!) turns out he's a Marine and offers me a lift becuse i thought i was one... told him stright off that I was planning on joining and he just gave me some useful tips on how to pass. phew!

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i keep it to my self and it pisses me off when people say are you going into the marines and im like im not even training yet *text deleted*

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I also keep the fact I'm applying for the Royal marines to myself.
Only a few close friends know and I intend to keep it that way until I pass PRMC... I don't intend to fail. :wink:

The only reason I don't like mentioning it to people is because there are soo many points where you could fail that are out of your control.
  • You might have something wrong with your eyes that could result in a failure during your eye test.
  • You may fail your medical due to a Hernia or some other condition.
  • You might be scared of heights and not realise till you get on PRMC.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i keep it to my self and it pisses me off when people say are you going into the marines and im like im not even training yet *text deleted*
*text deleted* yeah i hate that to, i get so embarassed when people ask and im not "no i just got 2 fitness tests to do and im going into the training then". thats why i limit be wearing the jumper to the gym..

and that potential royal marines t-shirt aint gay at all stacka *text deleted*.. if you think about it to much it can be a bit embarassing and degrading but thats only if you start thinking what others would think..

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, it pisses me the *text deleted**text deleted* off. Got some *text deleted**text deleted** at work, keeps trying to tell me he was in the marines, all he can say was he served in poole. Thats it *text deleted*, I just think theyre idiots. I asked him what he specialized in and he told me he was a royal marine diver? *text deleted*. So I assume he was in the royal navy, likes to pretend he was in the marines, unless of course the specilizations were different back then.