Bullying in RM

Dragonsden

Reaction score
Hi all,
so I was watching a YT video whereby a royal marine was talking about how when he joined his first unit he was bullied relentlessly by his section coperal for no reason and how he feared at night that he would come in his room and beat him up, then at the company party his worst fear became a reality, and the coperal started fighting him, and threw punches at him etc and no one did anything. he then left after only 4 years and he then had really bad depression and anxiety Even suicidal thoughts. This was a good few years ago tho, and having watched This i was wondering weather this is common. I’ve been a subject to bullying myself and I don’t want to go thru what he did.
thanks in advance

Chelonian

Reaction score
so I was watching a YT video whereby a royal marine was talking about how when he joined his first unit he was bullied relentlessly by his section coperal for no reason and how he feared at night that he would come in his room and beat him up, then at the company party his worst fear became a reality, and the coperal started fighting him, and threw punches at him etc and no one did anything. he then left after only 4 years and he then had really bad depression and anxiety Even suicidal thoughts.
My bold to highlight significant phrases in your post.
Don't believe everything you read on t'internet.

Dragonsden

Reaction score
My bold to highlight significant phrases in your post.
Don't believe everything you read on t'internet.
this guy is a pretty famous rm YouTuber and there would be no reason why he would lie about it I’ve included the link to the video 1.26 when he talks about it

Last edited:

Dragonsden

Reaction score
It’s not that Chad bloke that does all those “marine reacts to” videos is it?
i Dont know his name but he does royal marine reacts videos. Is that frowned upon in the rm or something? Edit- his name is Luke jillings

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The guys not serving any more so it’s probably not as bad but I bet his mates in the corps give him some ribbing about it as it’s cheesy as hell. You will find lads in the corps don’t really post anything work related on social media. Although saying that, high rankers all seem to have Twitter, and I personally think that shouldn’t be allowed. We take personal security quite seriously than other parts of the armed forces but also posting phots of you in rig is just seen as a bit chad. I have posted one photo of myself in uniform and it was the day I passed out.

Dragonsden

Reaction score
The guys not serving any more so it’s probably not as bad but I bet his mates in the corps give him some ribbing about it as it’s cheesy as hell. You will find lads in the corps don’t really post anything work related on social media. Although saying that, high rankers all seem to have Twitter, and I personally think that shouldn’t be allowed. We take personal security quite seriously than other parts of the armed forces but also posting phots of you in rig is just seen as a bit chad. I have posted one photo of myself in uniform and it was the day I passed out.
I see where *text deleted* coming from. Also I’ve been reading up about Chad tattoos but what are they? Is it just a reg tattoo

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Chad tats usually are the result of losing a game of spoof or sh!thead or even a bet with an oppo.

Always good fun playing for tats. I unfortunately have the ink to prove it, but its a memory

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Chad just means cheesy/cringey. I don’t think corps tattoos are cringey, half the corps has them! Chad tattoos might refer to spoof tattoos. Lose a game and you have to get the tattoo agreed before the game. I’ve seen some absolute crackers. Ive luckily not lost for tatts yet.

Dragonsden

Reaction score
Chad just means cheesy/cringey. I don’t think corps tattoos are cringey, half the corps has them! Chad tattoos might refer to spoof tattoos. Lose a game and you have to get the tattoo agreed before the game. I’ve seen some absolute crackers. Ive luckily not lost for tatts yet.
Why do people say not to get one if you haven’t done ops

Rob20

Reaction score
Why do people say not to get one if you haven’t done ops

That's an old school herrick days thing I think. From those I spoke to it was more a case of earning your tat.
These days, once you've done a few years you can get one if you like. Its up to you, you are a Royal Marines Commando after all. There would certainly be questions asked if someone got a pussers stamp two minutes out of lympstone

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
That’s not really a thing anymore. I know loads of guys who’s havnt done ops and have a corps stamp. There once was a Nod turned up to training with an SBS tattoo...apparently his grandfather was badged. Needless to say he was encouraged to get it covered up double time.

Dragonsden

Reaction score
That's an old school herrick days thing I think. From those I spoke to it was more a case of earning your tat.
These days, once you've done a few years you can get one if you like. Its up to you, you are a Royal Marines Commando after all. There would certainly be questions asked if someone got a pussers stamp two minutes out of lympstone
ha ha ive herd that people have gotten themselves inked up straight after kings squad pass out. But to be fair once I hopefully pass out I would probs get one after a year or 2

Rob20

Reaction score
ha ha ive herd that people have gotten themselves inked up straight after kings squad pass out. But to be fair once I hopefully pass out I would probs get one after a year or 2

Why though? Dont join for the image. Alot of people fall into that trap. Before joining everyone thinks its quality to get the tat (im not saying its not). But many bootnecks have interest in further career choices where having bootneck stamped on your forehead isn't the best idea, SRR or DHU to name a few.

Dragonsden

Reaction score
I
Why though? Dont join for the image. Alot of people fall into that trap. Before joining everyone thinks its quality to get the tat (im not saying its not). But many bootnecks have interest in further career choices where having bootneck stamped on your forehead isn't the best idea, SRR or DHU to name a few.
Ill just get like the date I passed out or something to signify something important to me

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I personally worked with the lad on his last draft. I won't go in to it but there is defnatly 2 sides to every story.
Just becuse some one is relatively famous it dosnt mean how they remember things is true.

Dragonsden

Reaction score
I personally worked with the lad on his last draft. I won't go in to it but there is defnatly 2 sides to every story.
Just becuse some one is relatively famous it dosnt mean how they remember things is true.
Don’t feel obliged to answer but was his story in a way sort of twisted to seem that he was the copral was the bad guy? And first hearing it I didn’t think it would be true because surely someone would step up if he’s getting beaten up