Bullying in RM

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I don’t know the guy or the story, playing devils advocate here. But I find it hard to believe he got filled in infront of an entire company Sgt’s and officers and all and nobody stepped in. Also he’s claiming the corps ruined his mental health (which is a serious thing I’m not belittling it) but then seems quite happy to use his status as a Royal to boost his YouTube career...

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
I don’t know the guy or the story, playing devils advocate here. But I find it hard to believe he got filled in infront of an entire company Sgt’s and officers and all and nobody stepped in. Also he’s claiming the corps ruined his mental health (which is a serious thing I’m not belittling it) but then seems quite happy to use his status as a Royal to boost his YouTube career...

You've absolutely nailed it mate. To leave the Corps as a minimum service marine and have a channel largely based on his time is uber chad.
You can't slag it off and make statements which to the unknowing listener, could be very damaging to the Corps, and on the other hand then big time it about his time in the Corps to gain followers.

I've never got into his videos, tried a few and just found him quite an irritating bloke to be honest.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have to agree, I mean I doubt the corporal would beat him up in front of so many people knowing how much trouble he would get in, and I think using his title as royal marine in his title is just to gain views, only to Slag off the corps in another video

Rob20

Reaction score
Just as a side note here lads, this is somehting that really boils my blood.

In my short time in the Corps, I have never seen anything that could be defined as bullying. I've seen banter and an extreme sense of humour. I've seen straight talking blokes speaking their mind and saying things as they are. All things that exist in military circles. Bear in mind, I'm bottom of the pile, if bullying was rife it would likely be a measly marine like me who would kop it from those senior to me. But as I said, I've never seen it. There have been a few posts about it recently, and its winding me up that the organisation I work for can be subjected to such empty accusations from absolute nobodies.

If you want to work somewhere where people are kind and complimentary to your face but snakey and back stabbing behind your back, stay on civvy street. If you can't handle someone calling you a d!ck, when you've clearly acted like a d!ck, stay on civvy street. If you don't have a sense lf humour, stay on civvy street.

Rant over.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

In my short time in the Corps, I have never seen anything that could be defined as bullying. I've seen banter and an extreme sense of humour. I've seen straight talking blokes speaking their mind and saying things as they are. All things that exist in military circles. Bear in mind, I'm bottom of the pile, if bullying was rife it would likely be a measly marine like me who would kop it from those senior to me. But as I said, I've never seen it. There have been a few posts about it recently, and its winding me up that the organisation I work for can be subjected to such empty accusations from absolute nobodies.

If you want to work somewhere where people are kind and complimentary to your face but snakey and back stabbing behind your back, stay on civvy street. If you can't handle someone calling you a d!ck, when you've clearly acted like a d!ck, stay on civvy street. If you don't have a sense lf humour, stay on civvy street.

Rant over.
I agree, I also think the guy who posted the video should have thought a bit more carefully on what he said like “I lost my faith in the Rm” implying that it’s a bad place to be, etc. And I’m not saying ut didn’t happen but He probs over exaggerated to get more views and subs

Jaykay2343

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn . The truth, the half-truth, and nothing like the truth."

The tagline of a biopic cult film of an infamous man who wanted to big up his exaggerated stories for coverage and earn more money(cracking film may I add)

Sounds similar to YouTube boy wanting his 5 minutes of fame.

G_commando

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I don't know about his first experience. Some times corporalsare a bit mental especially when they have been drinking but they most likely had a good reason for it.
I know at the unit I was at with him he did get some c*text deleted*p from the corporals but it was mostly for not doing his job not becuse they didn't like him.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Against my better judgment I had a skip through some of the content on the channel linked above in post #5. For sure much of it is autobiographical (hence my earlier reference to MeTube).

The demographic profile of subscribers appears to be quite young. For example:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 08.20.05.png
Nothing wrong with having young subscribers but such channels often tell only one side of a story and don't offer context. The danger is that some subscribers will consume the content verbatim and might assume that it is the factual version of events without critically and objectively thinking about it.

Trying to be objective myself here.
It's a bit cringey for my taste but clearly the content isn't directed at old fuddsters like me. Some of the other content on the channel was informative about one person's experience and entertaining so I'm not trashing it.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
i Dont know his name but he does royal marine reacts videos. Is that frowned upon in the rm or something? Edit- his name is Luke jillings
Yes it’s frowned upon.

Not just because it’s eye cancer inducing cringe, but because it’s not good for Personal Security, and he’s gobbing off about something just because he did a small amount of time in and trying to get brownie points.

Its cringey, it’s embarrassing, it destroys the mystic of the Corps, it plays up to this god awful, “tiktok” attention seeking bullish!t.
If he loved the corps so much and loves to gob Off about it, then why didn’t he stay in then.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Absolutely no chance the Officers would have let it happen, same with the SNCOs and the other NCOS. Other Cpls would have stepped in.

I have seen disagreements between people and lads offering to take it outside, I’ve also seen NCOs jump to the defence of their lads.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I don't know about his first experience. Some times corporalsare a bit mental especially when they have been drinking but they most likely had a good reason for it.
I know at the unit I was at with him he did get some c*text deleted*p from the corporals but it was mostly for not doing his job not becuse they didn't like him.
So that’s a nice way of saying he’s a toppers Elson, neggars blue juice?

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

Rant over.
Absolutely spot on mate. We are all grown ups. Disagreements happen, personality clashes happen, you just get on with it.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There are a few good former royal marine you tubers that don’t do royal marine react vids but Fitness videos etc, and occasionally do roYao marine topic related videos like what it was like in training etc, personally I enjoy watching them for the fitness and to learn a bit more about the Corps and what to expect while in training

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely no chance the Officers would have let it happen, same with the SNCOs and the other NCOS. Other Cpls would have stepped in.

I have seen disagreements between people and lads offering to take it outside, I’ve also seen NCOs jump to the defence of their lads.
I might be wrong but if this was the case like 10 years ago or something when he joined they Could have been a bit more leniant? Again, I’m probably wrong but just asking

Dragonsden

Reaction score
Also, I was watching a former rm YouTube who was aboit To go in training to rejoin , then while he was there deleted all his videos talking about ROP, training and anything related to Royal Marines and even took out Royal Marines from his channel name. Does anyone no why this is is it due to PERSEC

Rob20

Reaction score
Also, I was watching a former rm YouTube who was aboit To go in training to rejoin , then while he was there deleted all his videos talking about ROP, training and anything related to Royal Marines and even took out Royal Marines from his channel name. Does anyone no why this is is it due to PERSEC

Probably because his peers found out and ripped him for it. Do you think 12 year corporals who have been there and done it want some nobody rock up day 1 week 1, gobbing off all over the internet about the Corps?
Its not good for the Corps, its not good for the lad, its not good for anyone.

Tip before joining lads, keep absolutely everything service related off your social media. It will save you alot of embarrassment. Especially when you have to explain to all your YouTube followers why you wrapped week 10 and quit.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Probably because his peers found out and ripped him for it. Do you think 12 year corporals who have been there and done it want some nobody rock up day 1 week 1, gobbing off all over the internet about the Corps?
Its not good for the Corps, its not good for the lad, its not good for anyone.

Tip before joining lads, keep absolutely everything service related off your social media. It will save you alot of embarrassment. Especially when you have to explain to all your YouTube followers why you wrapped week 10 and quit.
I know the guy he’s talking about I saw his videos on YouTube, he seemed about 30 or something and had already joined left And was re joining the Corps. So respect to him as he has already gone and earned the green beret' just maybe posting on YouTube wasn’t a good idea if you are rejoining

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know the guy he’s talking about I saw his videos on YouTube, he seemed about 30 or something and had already joined left And was re joining the Corps. So respect to him as he has already gone and earned the green beret' just maybe posting on YouTube wasn’t a good idea if you are rejoining

Just to confirm we are on the same page. Is this the guy that said he wanted to be a PT?