Bullying in RM

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I might be wrong but if this was the case like 10 years ago or something when he joined they Could have been a bit more leniant? Again, I’m probably wrong but just asking
30-20 years ago maybe. I was in the regulars over ten years ago and it certainly wasn’t the norm.

End of the day it’s a load of adults, you can have disagreements, you can have personality clashes. You just learn to get on with it.
I’ve maybe seen a handful of times when lads offer up to go outsideand even then, other lads jump in and de-escalate. I’ve seen blokes have a pop at each other once maybe twice they then just shake hands afterwards and it’s forgotten about.
The chain of command have a duty of care, they can’t and don’t allow it to happen.

Last edited:

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I’m not sure but I’ve linked his yt
all his vids about him Talking about training have been deleted and this is his second channel
This doesn’t seem too bad. Bit Chad yea but it’s not ego boosting attention seeking.

Could be a PERSEC thing? Most likely he got the *text deleted* ripped out of him for it. Maybe he’s changed his career aspirations.
Maybe the chain of command told him to screw the nut with it.

It’s nowhere near as bad as the RLC driver thag posts videos like he’s some kind of underwater knife fighting, jap slapping ninja. That induces instant gagging, near vomiting reactions. It’s so cringey. Especially when he’s telling lads they need to buy a jet boil and a camelback day sack for basic training.

Now he really does need a slap.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
I can't imagine anything worse than having served for years, left and then come back to start at ROP all over again. That's why I'll be thinking long and hard before leaving because there's no way in hell I'd pass a kit muster anymore -nailbiting--nailbiting--nailbiting-

Chelonian

Reaction score
On the topic of bullying generally I've been contacted by a forum user who wanted to share the recent experience of one Recruit.
For reasons of anonymity I agreed to post the extract on behalf of the forum user.

"Recently there were a couple of incidents involving my nod. Older lads, who for whatever reason, decided that my nod was going to be a bit of a target. Threats were made towards him. He called us. Our advice was to either stand up to them or go speak to a member of the training team. I discussed it with a former bootneck I know who was horrified lads would do this. On the last instance of a threat being made, my nod stood his ground and other lads came to his aid. There were no other instances after that. Other lads - decent older lads - came to ask him if he was okay. They didn't stand for unacceptable behaviour.
You will always get people who are like this no matter where you go or what you do. By the same token, you will always get people who will rally to help. I also accept my nod can be a pain at times and have fought the urge myself to burst him.
"

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I can't imagine anything worse than having served for years, left and then come back to start at ROP all over again. That's why I'll be thinking long and hard before leaving because there's no way in hell I'd pass a kit muster anymore -nailbiting--nailbiting--nailbiting-
Same. I’d full on wrap, rather take a good nights kip in my bag for the oncoming free phys session.

Just phys in the bag, that’s all!

Bootra

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Looking back I’d say there was some degree of bullying at times. Certain training teams, or individuals, who terrorised their nods. They were always found out and moved on. As a sprog going into a fighting company it was quite intimidating. You had to prove yourself quickly, knuckle down, do the job and you were accepted. Those that were found wanting sometimes had a hard time from the old hands. I didn’t think of it as bullying at the time, but I guess it was. I got through training with an injury that meant I had trouble running when I first got to a fighting company. One Cpl took a dislike to me because of it. He’d give me every gash detail, put me on duty all the time and instead of changing the gate guard every hour keep me there for 4 hours at a time. I kept my head down, did my job and got myself Uber fit. Thankfully I got on with everyone else in the Company, and he moved on.

Lads have banter, strong words, and there is the chain of command, but bullying is not tolerated now.

This link is about an incident at 42 at the tail end of 2014. Blokes lost their jobs because of it. Each trained rank on here will have witnessed something similar I’m sure, and will have their own opinions. The important thing about it though is how incidents such as this are perceived and dealt with. Bully’s have no place in The Corps.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Looking back I’d say there was some degree of bullying at times. Certain training teams, or individuals, who terrorised their nods. They were always found out and moved on. As a sprog going into a fighting company it was quite intimidating. You had to prove yourself quickly, knuckle down, do the job and you were accepted. Those that were found wanting sometimes had a hard time from the old hands. I didn’t think of it as bullying at the time, but I guess it was. I got through training with an injury that meant I had trouble running when I first got to a fighting company. One Cpl took a dislike to me because of it. He’d give me every gash detail, put me on duty all the time and instead of changing the gate guard every hour keep me there for 4 hours at a time. I kept my head down, did my job and got myself Uber fit. Thankfully I got on with everyone else in the Company, and he moved on.

Lads have banter, strong words, and there is the chain of command, but bullying is not tolerated now.

This link is about an incident at 42 at the tail end of 2014. Blokes lost their jobs because of it. Each trained rank on here will have witnessed something similar I’m sure, and will have their own opinions. The important thing about it though is how incidents such as this are perceived and dealt with. Bully’s have no place in The Corps.
Take those press releases with a pinch of salt.
I know personally of an incident that was blown out of proportion, lads were manipulated into making statements without representation.
Good, hard working Lads ended up being kicked out because of the press, and the associated person was a compulsive liar.

TheRents

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Take those press releases with a pinch of salt
I think the transcripts from the court martial and comments by the Judge Advocate and prosecuting barrister Lt Col V Phillips are more telling than anything printed in The Sun.

"with rank comes responsibility"

Bootra

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Take those press releases with a pinch of salt.
I know personally of an incident that was blown out of proportion, lads were manipulated into making statements without representation.
Good, hard working Lads ended up being kicked out because of the press, and the associated person was a compulsive liar.
Which is why I said that those of us that have been at these types of booze ups have our own opinions. Bearing in mind that 2 years later Rich Melia got his job back....
I posted it more to show that things will not be tolerated any more. Especially if bullying, or perceived bullying, is involved.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It’s nowhere near as bad as the RLC driver thag posts videos like he’s some kind of underwater knife fighting, jap slapping ninja. That induces instant gagging, near vomiting reactions. It’s so cringey. Especially when he’s telling lads they need to buy a jet boil and a camelback day sack for basic training.

Now he really does need a slap.
what is his YouTube called?

CallMeLucifer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Military combat network, believe he transferred to Royal Lancers a while back
ohhhh Him? I stay away from these channels like they're a plague; because they are. I think there several other British servicemen doing the exact same thing as this guy, as well.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I think the transcripts from the court martial and comments by the Judge Advocate and prosecuting barrister Lt Col V Phillips are more telling than anything printed in The Sun.

"with rank comes responsibility"

Just to clarify, I wasnt speaking about that case in particular.

r_yh__n

Reaction score
Personally I don't believe this is true. There are, as others have said, two sides to every story, and remember, he is a Youtuber. His job is to entertain, and to be frank, that story is kind of entertaining. From what I have heard about RMs I don't think they would let somebody beat on one of their own.