Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.
  1. KingDom

KingDom Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi all,

Had a packed week so far in my recruitment process. The week prior to this I had my RMAD, followed by my medical triage on Monday, Medical Tuesday, interview Wednesday and PJFT this weekend.

Feel free to ask any questions about any of the above.

Bit of advice please. Who sets the speed of the treadmill, you or the accessor as I don't want to sell myself short. All advice appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  2. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

You.!

• Like Like x 3
    • Seen Seen x 1
  3. ERFC

ERFC Royal Marines Commando

Ensure you give your self an extra few seconds if you’re not confident with the speed! All treadmills differ and you might have set it at the correct speed however with mine the actual speed I was running at was hugely different. -banghead-

• Like Like x 3
  4. KingDom

KingDom Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for the advice. I've only ran on roads so I don't want to mess up on the day. I asked in my interview if they'd accept the time I did on my RMAD last week, but they couldn't as the route we ran hadn't been officially measured. It was 1.8 miles each way :).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Charlemagne

Charlemagne New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    That's interesting to hear, I was under the impression an RMAD BFT pass constituted a PJFT pass and therefore was strictly a 3 mile run.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KingDom

KingDom Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'd heard the same too, thats why I asked. It maybe different in some areas.

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Don't bank on it. Another forum user hoped for the same but was disappointed because the PTI at the RMAD did not have a wrist watch or other timing device.

• Like Like x 2