Calf pain

Waggz

Reaction score
When i run im getting a sharp pain down my calf and it stays tense even when i try and relax it

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure to stretch before and after working out. You could have a short calf muscle. Also strengthen it in the gym with calf raises.

Waggz

Reaction score
thanks TY ive been doing some research they said to massage the muscle and stretch well before and after exercise if anyone else has this trouble.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No problem mate. I had the same issue, as I had achilles issues, which pulls on the calf. I solved mine by strengthening the calf and stretching. A great stretch is to press against a wall, put on leg in front of the other, and leave the other leg stretched behind you on your toes. Makes for a good stretch. Do it on both legs, then press up against the wall again and put both legs back and lean forward for a combined stretch !.

Aussie89

Reaction score
i have a really high arch foot and every time i ran it tightened up os much that i couldnt wlak let alone run. I went to the physio and he gave me the same stretches that are mentioned and now its getting a lot better. I do them when i wake up, before i do excercise and before i go to bed

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hodgo587 Calf pain Common Training Injuries 2
H lower calf pain Common Training Injuries 22
Hopefulfutureroyalmarine calf pain thread #5843175684756 Common Training Injuries 13