Calf Tightness

bkp130

Reaction score
whenever i run for a significant amount of time i get real tightness in my calf and dont know what is causing it.

what is the possible cause of this would it have something to do with cycling?

also what can i do to fix this besides stretching. any suggestions?

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I get this too in my calf and shins. Feels like they turn into concrete once you stop running. I'm not sure what causes it but couldn't running on your toes or 'bouncing' too much when you run cause this?

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you need to stretch off before hand...alot...and after...

the more you run...the less you will get it...i get it from time to time if ive done any hard running....

Gaz

Reaction score
Might be dehydration too mate, make sure you take on plenty of fluids before and after training!

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Whilst it might be both of the above keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse, I had the same feeling and thought i wasn't stretching enough so every day i would do stretching exercises, only to realise i had a small tear in the juction of my calf and every time i stretched it i was making it worse ending up been close to tearing it!,

Now i'm off running for another 2-3 weeks with my PRMC in 9 weeks and £40-60 physio bills every week.

If it hurts it doesn't cost much to get it checked out and to catch it (if anything) before it could get worse and screw your traning over

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 calf tightness Common Training Injuries 3
Hodgo587 Calf pain Common Training Injuries 2
M Squats/calf raises Training Plans and Diet Suggestions 10