Calfs

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have my PJFT soon and I know I can easliy run 1.5 in under 10 minutes. But i *text deleted**text deleted*ING dread even running or going on a treadmill for the fact that however long I warm up for as soon as I start running my calfes hurt.. it's so *text deleted**text deleted*ing annoying. :mad: :evil:

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I have my PJFT soon and I know I can easliy run 1.5 in under 10 minutes. But i *text deleted**text deleted*ING dread even running or going on a treadmill for the fact that however long I warm up for as soon as I start running my calfes hurt.. it's so *text deleted**text deleted*ing annoying. :mad: :evil:

Make sure you stretch well before running,
then stop for a bit during running to stretch your calves again,
helped my mate before.

Joe

Ipodbob

Reaction score
do you walk then a slow slow jog before stretching your muscles, your not stretching cold muscles are you ?

stupid question i know but i used to do stretch without warming up, and my calfs used to kain like fook but after 2 months training with proper warming up and stretches i dont have that issue anymore. :uglyhammer:

lewdog29

Reaction score
does your calf muscle hurt or does it hurt where the muscle meets the shin? If its the muscle that hurts it could be compartment syndrome (Which you need the doc to sort out). If the pain is at your shin then its most probably medially tibial pain syndrome. That requires rest and rehab or strapping of the calf..

Danny Lake

Reaction score
If its the muscle that hurts it could be compartment syndrome (Which you need the doc to sort out).

*text deleted* bloody hell, I find myself wondering sometimes if everybody on here is a hypochondriac

Person A: "I’ve been training and my muscles hurt"

Person B: "Go see a doctor, that can't possibly be normal muscle pain, you must have something wrong with you."

Make sure you warm up properly mate and only see a doctor if the pain is unbearable or if anything is happening that is most definitely abnormal.

Bloody hell Lew, your doctor must love you *text deleted* :bigsmile:

lewdog29

Reaction score
haha!! I assumed that Bradford considered it more than just "normal" muscle pain if he thought it neccessary to post about it..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DlllonJ Intense burn in calfs by stretching? Info please Common Training Injuries 11
S Interval Calfs! Common Training Injuries 1