Calzaghe V Hopkins .....

RC

Reaction score
Who's going to win ?

Should be an great fight. I'm backing Calzaghe on points. I think his work rate will be too much for Hopkins.

Come on Joe !

Rich.

SR

Reaction score
Hopkins KO 7th round.

Looking forward to it, been pumped up alot in the media, hope Calzaghe can do it but i think Hopkins will have to much skill and power in the end.

0.01%

Reaction score
Would love to see Calzaghe do it but got a bad feeling, same one as I had before Hatton v F.M.W.....

Excpect Hopkins to be very hard to pin down and cagey, in the hope Calzaghe will loose it a bit and go looking for the wild shots, which A) will leave him more exposed to the big right hand and B) makes it more likely that it will go the whole way, and unless Calzaghe can land some serious shots in a few rounds, means that the American judges will side with there man. Not good but that's boxing for you.

Doubt the age thing will come into play as much as some are saying in the press. 43 is no spring chicken, but he's in fantastic shape. Lives well, trains hard (even between fights) and doesn't drink so Hopkins is hardly a typical 43 year old! Reminds me of Chris Terrill in that respect, and we all know what he did.....

RH

Reaction score
I hope calzaghe beats the *text deleted**text deleted*e out of him :D

Leedham

Reaction score
B-hops past it and calzaghe is hard as nails, Kessler got a beatin and hopkins is *text deleted* get one too!

What is the point in sentana!!? why not just have it on PPV box office!! well gay !!

rhodri

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
joe is going to give him a good hiding knock out well at least my wallet hopes so 25 on knockout at 7/2

what a hero wore his cardiff top to the weigh in, do the ayatollah joe!

Leedham

Reaction score
Any1 watch it last night? i thought it was a bit average *text deleted* was expectin a bit more of a show from hopkins! was a well scrappy fight.

Had to laugh at hopkins tryna show that he wasnt dissapointed at the end of the fight, said that he had nothing to be ashamed about, ermm you lost mate!! i think you do.

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't watch the fight but i read the reviews and it sounded pretty boring. Was it worth staying/waking up for? Apparently calzaghe is to fight roy jones next =P

Mat

Reaction score
I was up at a ridiculous time, I saw the fight and to be honest it was a bit boring really. Hopkins didnt really even put much effort into the fight, just kept holding on every chance he got to slow the pace down. But still good result for Calzaghe! he was in America, with American judges and was knocked down in the first so to come out for a win in my books shows his skill and grit.

rhodri

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
good win for joe was brilliant but did what he had to do thaught it was a bit closer and been in theusa thaught they would of given it to the yank

super joe calzaghe!

Leedham

Reaction score
Very much dowt that he'll take on roy jones, from what i read that was *text deleted* be his last big fight and he's thinkin of retirement...hes got 6mill from his last 2 fights so hes got a nice little retirement package there!!

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
and a percentage of that 6 million goes to his trainer and promoter