Cam cream and weapon cleaning

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This might be a question directed to Ninja, but Preece or RC, if your around, maybe you can help. I was wondering what brand, and what you use to clean your kit, and what type of cam paint you use. I was thinking of trying to use it on myself just to make sure I have no allergic reactions cause of my dumb ass sensitive skin. Taking every pre-caution I can before I move over. So just the oils, and brass you might use. It would be very helpful.

Cheers !!.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
weapon cleaning is light oil that come with you cleaning kit for your rifle..

and the cam cream...believe it or not is made by max factor...find it on ebay and get some and get your self all camo's up and jump out on your mum!!

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Alan, however when I checked ebay online I was not able to find anything, besides women cosmetics. And Im pretty sure we are not using those :). Would it be too much of a hassle for you to find it, and perhaps link me to it mate ?.

Thanks, !

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
try your local navy/army surplus store they should have loads of that stuff hanging around

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Clean Weapon

This might be a question directed to Ninja, but Preece or RC, if your around, maybe you can help. I was wondering what brand, and what you use to clean your kit, and what type of cam paint you use. I was thinking of trying to use it on myself just to make sure I have no allergic reactions cause of my dumb ass sensitive skin. Taking every pre-caution I can before I move over. So just the oils, and brass you might use. It would be very helpful.

Cheers !!.
Weapon Cleaning, now this brings back memories!! Remembering, of course that your weapon is your bread and butter and you have to look after it like its your best friend. I recall a guy once during a kit inspection in the field during basic training. We all had our weapons inspected and a number of us were told to GET ON THE FLANK, which usually meant a little extra corrective military training. i.e. A 'extra phys'.

Whilst on the flank I noticed, one of the other recruits who was not told to get on the flank. He was grinning at the rest of us. However, unexpectedly the training team corporals started shouting and screaming at those who weren't on the flank and they were the ones who got the extra fizz and not us!

I suppose the moral of this story was: Always expect the unexpected!

Cheers

Steve

himself

Reaction score
im not sure about the 3 colour compact that the MOD issue but we use the Wesco camo - it comes in a tube green/brown and its the business, its kinda waxy but unlike some other creams you dont have to scrape your face getting in on.... green up first then stripe the brown and in a seconds your auditioning for a Rambo movie.... ive heard of a fella like you who had really sensitive skin (or just one of those metrosexuals) and what he used was face paint! the stuff clowns use... it was more user friendly - now in saying im sure it wasnt quite the stuff that you get when you ask for a spider man and a balloon model dog - his stuff looked like the stuff actors n that would use - camo cream has alot to cope with sweat and *text deleted**text deleted*e ect...

as for the rifle cleaning... bar mucky fingers from the carbon buildup the only only concern is the oil and thats nothing harsh - its like that stuff your dad would use on the garden shears or to cure that squeaky door - i doubt its anything to fancy, ive also seen lads use WD40... so dont worry - only worry when an NCO asks you what rust looks like and why the *text deleted**text deleted* its all over your barrel... piston.. gunlock group... ect ect.. its a lesson you learn once and once only!

when you feel like getting some sleep - stop - clean your weapon then sleep....
when you feel like watching your dinner boil up - stop - clean your weapon and let it boil..
in fact its amazing how you can find the time to clean a weapon when you can still call upon the emotional distress that that NCO dished out! The same goes for your feet/hygiene/mess tins ect... pretty much everything in the army :)

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the post mate. My brother shipped me some cam paint from Afghanistan where he's at, so Im *text deleted* give it a shot. I do have sensitive skin, it's a real pain in the ass.

Good story Preece. My buddy in the Royals told me during his basic, he would haul ass on runs to make it first, which was sometimes pretty bad. For being first they would just make him run sprints until everyone else is done.