can anyone actually do two mins of push ups?

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
see i get to about 45 and i need to rest.....but even if i compose my self i can get another ten out..

but i cant hold out for the entire two mins.

any tips or techniques would be ace

cheers

marcus2007

Reaction score
I do about 1 every 1.5 seconds and can keep this up for about 2-3 minutes. Does goet bloody boring though :*text deleted*:
Try to do some crunches and leg raises as well during your circuits. Should help strengthen the rest of your abdominals mate.

All the best.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
doh i meant push ups.....sorry

sit ups are no worries....i blast out a min...take 20 secs...then blast the rest out

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i find the same, i can do nearly the 60 (about 54 in one go) but it takes me not as long as 2 mins however if i try and keep going for time doing slow reps, id struggle with 2 minutes worth its cause if your doing slow reps your keeping the strain on for longer so do you have to do it to time ie down up down up... or can you just bang out your max in your own time as quick as you like as long as the forms correct?

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well im just *text deleted* bang em out get to my max and try and rest for a short whhile and try and push out a dozen more.

will give it my all....best way i suppose :D

hazholmes

Reaction score
Lshort1988 said:
i find the same, i can do nearly the 60 (about 54 in one go) but it takes me not as long as 2 mins however if i try and keep going for time doing slow reps, id struggle with 2 minutes worth its cause if your doing slow reps your keeping the strain on for longer so do you have to do it to time ie down up down up... or can you just bang out your max in your own time as quick as you like as long as the forms correct?
Could do with some full stops in that post but to answer your question.....

I'm assuming your talking about the gym test on prmc, in which case you can rest in the press up position for literally a few seconds. Any longer and you might just get pulled out.