Can anyone help me ?

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by J18, Jan 8, 2019.

1. J18

J18 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    You're right actually, I'm just trying to batter this 1.5 return but I would benefit more by mixing it up like you say. To be honest I don't really want to loose weight. I used to be 70 kg when I was 16 but I trained real hard and bulked for 2 years and I got myself up to 105 kg lean with some strong pb's (Bench, deadlift and squat) . But when I started running and cutting down the amount of food I ate, the weight dropped. Do you think I should loose some more weight for prmc and training ?

2. Something Original

Something Original New Member

Sort the diet out first thing to strip the weight from you, and avoid doing any bulking exercises. Like me, you are overweight with regards to the BMI, and could probably stand to drop 20lbs. It might be worth going on a low carb diet like Keto to strip that weight back as well as just counting calories and aiming for 500 less.

Maintaining a less intensive exercise program while you lose the chub won't tax your body too much or cause injuries you won't recover from quickly. Your first port of call in training is the PJFT: smash that time first, aiming for a sub 9 return 1.5 mile.

I focused on that by aiming for a 12:30 / 12:30 split initially, and gradually knocking off 15 seconds of each return in the following two week broad strokes plan: Week 1: 2% Incline, single run, Week 2: 0% Incline, two runs one after another.

The combination of the cardio after the weight loss will improve your pull ups. It took me around 3 months to get to 12:30 / 9:30 from 12:30 / 12:30. In that time, I lost 2 stone and change, and my pull ups went from 4 to 7 without doing a single one to train in that 3 months.

Carrying less bulk makes bodyweight exercises easier. When you get good enough for smashing the normal push ups, have a look at getting a weight vest.

Other than that, focus on your Gainers for your BW exercises. If you can do 20 max, then go for 10, rest 1min, and repeat twice. Day 2, add 1 rep to one of the sets only, Day 3, add 1 rep to the 2nd set, and Day 4, add 1 rep to the final set.

It is slow going - from being able to manage gainers of 10/10/10 to 60/60/60, it will take nearly 6 months of work, but meant to build up that core supporting muscle. If you can do 60/60/60 gainers on push ups, then you can do the 60 single push ups you need to do.

If you can't achieve a perfect rep, research an easier alternative that still stresses the important muscle groups of that exercise. It is better to do 10 Perfect Form Press Ups and 5 Press Ups on your knees than it is to only do 10 Perfect Form Press Ups. Can't manage the full pull ups? Go on a lat pull down or assisted machine, or do negative reps.

Biggest threat is boredom and keeping yourself motivated. Good luck mate, long but very worthwhile wherever you end up. On the bright side, you are only 18, so your recovery time should be nothing compared to mine!

Smash it for yourself.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. J18

J18 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Bloody hell, a 9:30 return is insane ! Thanks for your help mate, I think I am going to have to shed some weight just to make the running easier on myself. I am going to buy one of them weighted vests as well ! What weight should I get ?

4. tripp

tripp New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Most weighted vests have removable weighted bags in them so you can adjust how heavy they are

• Like Like x 1