Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Can I argue or redo my eye test

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by M1MA77, Apr 14, 2019.

1. M1MA77

M1MA77 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    So I went and had my eye test the other day.

The staff seemed very unprofessional as I was left waiting for 2 hours because the receptionist failed to let the optician know I was there, because of this I got the eye test for free so kind of a result:D when I finally saw the optician she told me she had only just started the job and a had never filled out a navy optician report form before, wich didn't fill me with much confidence. She then told be that I was va2 but had narrowly scraped being va2, I asked her if she could do the test again and she refused.

Can I argue that the test wasnt fair or have the test redone, bearing in mind the results are sent online?

Any help would be much appreciated

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

What difference does it make? VA2 is good enough.

If you later want to be a sniper or LC, the service will retest your eyesight anyway if it recorded as below the required standard.

3. M1MA77

M1MA77 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Cheers ninja, thats good to know. sniper isn't something I'd go for but landing craft did appeal to me.

Does va2 mean I would have to wear glasses durin training?

4. The guide

The guide Royal Marines Commando

• Winner Winner x 1