Can I join ?

maz1995

Reaction score
Hello everyone .
I'm going to sign up very soon but one question I've always had is I was basically born in a different country which is Iran and I came here along with my mom and brother in 2007 when I was 11 years old .
I am a British citizen ,I've done alot of research and I haven't been able to find anything .

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you hold a valid British passport & have been resident in UK for five or more years continuously, you are eligible to apply, subject to gaining security clearance, same as everyone else.

If a dual national, holding a passport from Iran, you should also produce evidence that you are not a member of the Armed Forces overseas and are not liable for recall or reserve service or indeed conscription.

Best of luck.

joeyjonser

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm best bet is too start identifying as a female and get your crown jewels snipped off , im sure you would be straight in. Or maybe just ask @Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hmm best bet is too start identifying as a female and get your crown jewels snipped off , I'm sure you would be straight in
Testicles (attached) are still accepted.

We'll make a careers adviser out of you yet, we just need to fine-tune the advice a tad.

Are you related to TPA, by any chance? (Asking for a friend). :)

joeyjonser

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Testicles (attached) are still accepted.

We'll make a careers adviser out of you yet, we just need to fine-tune the advice a tad.

Are you related to TPA, by any chance? (Asking for a friend). :)
Probably need to sort my own life out before i give out advice on other peoples i suppose :cool:. And no im afraid i am not.

ChrisSauer

Reaction score
If you hold a valid British passport & have been resident in UK for five or more years continuously, you are eligible to apply, subject to gaining security clearance, same as everyone else.

If a dual national, holding a passport from Iran, you should also produce evidence that you are not a member of the Armed Forces overseas and are not liable for recall or reserve service or indeed conscription.

Best of luck.
Is it required to have lived in the UK for 5 years before applying for dual nationals aswell?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Is it required to have lived in the UK for 5 years before applying for dual nationals aswell?
Technically yes, but subject to satisfactory security checks being carried out, those holding a valid British passport may be eligible for a waiver.

Those holding Commonwealth passports only must have lived in UK for five years prior to applying.