Can I put PRMC at a later date?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's on the 11th of November. I felt fit over a week ago but latley I've felt unfit, ate junk and I'm quite ill.

It's the 2nd time in a month that I've caught something, and it's put a dip into my fitness. Went training today, didn't feel fit enough.

So say I've got 7 days left till my PRMC and I don't feel ready, can I re-book it for a later date like maybe a month later?

Look at my signature, there are the scores and I don't know if I can achive them right now but I have to attend the PRMC with better scores than that. I've got all the determination for it though!

However, I'm still looking to do my PRMC on the 11th

panzergrenadier

Reaction score
It's on the 11th of November. I felt fit over a week ago but latley I've felt unfit, ate junk and I'm quite ill.

It's the 2nd time in a month that I've caught something, and it's put a dip into my fitness. Went training today, didn't feel fit enough.

So say I've got 7 days left till my PRMC and I don't feel ready, can I re-book it for a later date like maybe a month later?

Look at my signature, there are the scores and I don't know if I can achive them right now but I have to attend the PRMC with better scores than that. I've got all the determination for it though!

However, I'm still looking to do my PRMC on the 11th

Well your 1.5 mile time is better than mine and my prmc is on Tuesday. You seem fit enough but i'm sure you can push back your PRMC date if you really want to.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Everyone has self doubts, however if you're genuinely ill, then there's absolutely no shame whatsoever in postponing PRMC.

Far rather you put it back than make a hash of it & delay your entry date still further. If you go and then fail, you won't feel like going back, that's for sure.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't want to take one step forward by taking this PRMC, and then taking two steps back by failing it and having to take it again 3 months later. I'd rather re-book it for a month later and feel confident in myself.

I've been getting loads of colds latley. I get rid of one and then another comes back. I still train through it, and it does eventually go but it really takes it out of me.

Not to mention all the crap I've eaten since Friday - was my Birthday this weekend so that's why.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Little tip: don't train if you have a cold! rest! rest! rest! and drink lots of water!

Rob Wallace

Reaction score
Yeah mate, the fact that you are picking up loadsa wee niggly colds is a sign that you might even be overtraining... try and make sure you get plenty of time for recovery, and also make sure you have a really good diet. You would be surprised at how much of a difference a good diet can make.... also consider vitamins, some say they work ... some say they dont. But either way it might just make you feel better.

Try an immune boosting smoothie, packed with vitamins and tastes the bollocks. theres bound to be a recipe in google somewhere.

Good Luck

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Like ninja said no harm in delaying your PRMC if your ill and the other lads are spot on, dont train when ill or just recovered as it does you no good.

Also keep in mind that even if you fail PRMC, take it as a learning experience and go back and do it again as its part of what it takes to be a commando in my book. Have you looked at doing an RMAD to build confidence in doing a PRMC?

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Judging by your scores, I don't think you have much to worry about. When i first got my date for my PRMC date, I was going to put it back because I didn't feel ready but i've started feeling alot better about my training and fitness and think i'm ready (should hope so as it's tomorrow!).

My advise would be to leave it for a week or so, see how training goes.

But no matter what you do, do not train with a cold!

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
VITAMIN C MATE LOTS OF IT:bud:

True

Get high strength vit c tablets from asda they are only about £2.58 :racer: get smashing them down your neck the RDA is about 60mg but the tablets are 500mg each, get 4000mg in your body a day, taking 1000mg at various times in the day, cold will be no more!!

edit and don't worry you can't overdose on vitamin C and it doesn't have any effects on your body other than making your immune system as hard as......me :iagree: :rock:

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I would disagree there, too much vitamin c can lead to the arteries thickening and kidney stones.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
My careers advisor told me that if i failed PRMC it would be 4 or 5 months until i got another PRMC date, but if i postponed it, it would only be upto a couple of months.

I would recommend a RMAD (Y)

New Threads