Can you become an RM officer after you join as a Commando?

Hershey

Reaction score
Hi there,

Trying to think up a career trajectory for myself and would value some thoughts.
  • Is it possible to become an RM officer after joining as a normal commando?
  • If so, what is the process and requirements?
  • If you can become an officer after training as a normal commando is there still an age-related cut-off point (e.g. 26)? I ask as I'm currently 30.
  • Are there career options in the RM that mean you might be able to go and study for a degree as part of your job? For instance, in my current job I have a good bit of experience working with homeless veterans (also people with institutionalization from HMP, substance misuse, abuse, mental health issues etc.) and would be interested in a career in the RM working out how to support the lads who are finding stuff difficult either after deployment, having been backtrooped, at difficult times in their career etc. I might just be describing the whole padre thing and although I am a christian, I have much more faith in evidence-based mental health practice than spirituality alone.
Hope you guys are well, as ever thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hersh

Kilo_Corleone

Reaction score
Is it possible to become an RM officer after joining as a normal commando?

Hi, it’s called corps commission and senior corps commission

As you’re over the age cut off for entering directly as an officer (and therefore corps commission) I would have a search for threads on senior corps commission. This is open for senior other ranks and they do a slightly different commissioning course with slightly different roles after commissioning

Hershey

Reaction score
Hi, it’s called corps commission and senior corps commission

As you’re over the age cut off for entering directly as an officer (and therefore corps commission) I would have a search for threads on senior corps commission. This is open for senior other ranks and they do a slightly different commissioning course with slightly different roles after commissioning
Thanks so much! I'll look into it.

Latest posts

New Threads