Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Can you change your PRMC date?

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by KingDom, Feb 24, 2020.

1. KingDom

KingDom Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    After passing my PJFT on Saturday I've been given a PRMC on 16th June after my GCSE's finish.
    Really happy to get started, but I have long standing plans for the 17th.

I'm thinking of contacting my AFCO and trying to get a date before Easter. However I don't want it to look bad.

If its a big no-no, I'll just go on 16th. Any advice appreciated.

2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

It shouldn't be a problem. They'll only get miffed if you start messing them around. PRMCs are run every week, so just contact them. If they do raise an objection then you make the decision as to what you want more!

Alan

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

As @Caversham says, PRMCs are currently running weekly so there is plenty of availability.

The link below indicates the leave periods for CTCRM. PRMCs do not run during leave and there might not be one in the week before leave and the week after leave.

https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/forecast-leave-dates.43737/

Cracking effort on passing your PJFT at a young age. Have a good, hard think about your fitness for PRMC. It is not a matter to be lightly undertaken. If you and your Careers Adviser think that you are ready for a PRMC before Easter then that's fine.

Alternatively, a PRMC date for July, August (if there is one), or September might be worth considering.

Consider your options and discuss with your Careers Adviser. The key is to maintain good comms. Let us know how you get on.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. physiomum

physiomum Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    Well done on passing your PJFT @KingDom
    Might it be worth giving it a few more weeks after your exams anyway? You will have more time then to be as physically prepared as possible. Mine used the free time after his GCSEs to really up his training so he was ready for PRMC early September. There’s no rush, you really want to get the prep right. Training is so tough and a lot of 17 year olds struggle including mine.
    The very best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  5. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

Yes, you can move this without any issues, Let your AFCO know, also you could ask for a date post your exams so you can focus on those. An AFCO can block out your calendar that on your dashboard and the people that allocate PRMC,s will then not book you over a period your calendar is full, best to do it early a stick with that date, as it prevents chopping and changing as that's what may annoy your AFCO, but an honest and fair request will not.!

• Like Like x 1
  6. KingDom

KingDom Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for all the replies. I’m hoping to go before Easter Leave at CTCRM. I’ll then have plenty of revision/training time if I pass.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KingDom

KingDom Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I phoned my AFCO first thing and changed the date to the week after in June. Going to build on my training with Arny/Fintan circuits. Once again thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I may have mentioned this before but have a search of the forum for PRMC diaries. Even the older ones offer a good insight into the experiences of others.

• Like Like x 1