Candidate No

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just a quick question. Was it the candidate number I'm meant to remember for RT? I'm fairly certain it is but there is also an 'Official No' on the sheet. Just want to make sure.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As far as I know the candidate number is only used by the AFCOs (and likely by the staff on a PRMC).

On starting RT you will be given a service number in the format P000000x, this is the one you need to remember and will stay with you throughout your career.

EDIT: Please note P0 numbers are no longer used, see Ninja's post below for more info.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The important number which stays with you throughout your career is the Official Number (sometimes called Service Number) which is an 8 digit tri-service number starting 300..... It's usually printed on the front of your S3049 Attestation Form .

The other number is called a unique reference number (URN or Candidate number), often starting 850..... and is just the number used through the selection process.

The other number which normally ends .../1 is your Security Clearance (or Vetting) Number.

The P0................X,Y,Z series are no longer issued unless you have former service.

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ooops! Good job I checked it out then!

As Ninja said the numbers are printed on the front of my sheet but I just forgot which one I was told to memorize.

So the Official No it is!

Cheers guys

letsrole

Reaction score
*text deleted* already got a service number from being in the OTC. When I join the RMR will I get a new number? Will I take my bounty with me?

PB706k

Reaction score
No way!? no more PO numbers? cool that makes mine old school :cheesy:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I think it was only last year when we all switched to the new JPA (Joint Personnel Administration) system which manages our pay on a Tri-Service basis.

Apparently, so I'm told, JPA cannot handle people of the same name, NI number & date of birth joining under a different service number so those that had a P0........x number get to keep it if they rejoin & I've heard of ex-URNU students joining on their old URNU service numbers & other RN or RM Reservists who join regular service keeping their old numbers. Whether the same applies for ex-OTC & UAS guys I'm not so sure.

The idea with the new numbers is that if you change services, you keep the same number.

letsrole

Reaction score
And also... on my current number im on about £45 per (reservest) day by being in OUOTC and passing MTQ2, and if I join the RMR I will only be on £30 per day. Do you think theres any chance of a cock up, so I will be payed the £45 whilst training with the RMR? :unsure:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
And also... on my current number im on about £45 per (reservest) day by being in OUOTC and passing MTQ2, and if I join the RMR I will only be on £30 per day. Do you think theres any chance of a cock up, so I will be payed the £45 whilst training with the RMR? :unsure:

It's extremely unlikely, in fact I'm amazed the OTC daily rate is more than the RMR daily rate of around £36, even if you have completed part 1 & 2 of your military training qualifications. When I processed the undergrads pay at one of the Oxbridge URNUs (RN OUTC equivalent) a few years back, the URNU daily rate of pay was just under 30 squid per day.

Having completed MTQ 1 & 2 may accelerate your ability to complete Commando Reserves training, but I very much doubt they will pay you the equivalent of £270 per month more than an Other Rank (OR) Regular RM Recruit in training if you are a trainee RMR OR.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
so will i keep my p0 number on re-entry?

It's quite possible you may keep your old number, but I'm not sure whether or not it's only those who rejoin as fully trained re-entrants who keep their old number or all re-entrants.