can't straighten my arm

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
doing weights and now i can't striaghten my arm, hurts otherside of the elbow, guess i have pulled or torn the muscle??

any ideas?

massey92

Reaction score
it would more than likley be a ligament or a tendon mate a wouldnt of 4rt it would be a muscle rest it but if i still hurts after a thew days i'd avise to go the doctor mate

k mac

Reaction score
What exercises were you doing ? Was it tricep exercises by any chance ? And when did you start feeling pain during or after ?
You may find by the time you have read this (assuming tomorow) You will have a bit more movement...

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I've had similar injuries in the past when going from doing no pull-ups to doing 50+ a day.

Rest up, try and avoid it happening in future by following sensible excercise plans, warm-ups, warm-downs, correct technique, progressive training programs and all the rest of it.

atb

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well it happened yesterday, it didn't really hurt then, today its really hurting can can hardly move it or straighten it

and i was pulling up a bar or weights whilst my arms where resting on the padded pad, so arms fully down and pulling the weights up to my chest

k mac

Reaction score
So you're palms were facing you ? Not away from you ? Like a bicep curl ? with an isolation type pad ? -If you're palms were facing you Id say you may have damaged the tendon that connects bicep to elbow ....Can be down to poor technique,not warming up or just bad luck !Get some Ibruprofen down you , ice on the area where it hurts if it still hurts on Saturday morning seek pro' advice mate ! - dont hold me to above i could be wrong ;-)

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thats it mate, looks like exactly that, will see how it goes,

can't stretch it that far this morning either :evil:

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
have you just started proper weight lifting? when i was in my early stages of hitting the gym and lifting weighs i used to get really sore muscles after and some times i could not open my arm up straight i had to walk around looking like i had MASSIVE muscles with ym arms bent *text deleted* but i dont u might jsut have sore muscles from your work out

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
no my left arm is fine, my right arm however i can extend it atall if i hold my arm out its stuck in a V shape, and the inner bit above the elbow by the muscle hurts like fook *text deleted*

ill give it to the weekend, if not ill ring the doc's

thing is i got my medical on 3rd december, tuesday!! should i cancel??

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
no dont cancel still go and get the rest out of the way and then if there is a problem you will know and get it sorted wile sorting your arm

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
everythings fine now, can straighten it with no pain, im just scared to do a pressup just incase somothing snaps again *text deleted*

k mac

Reaction score
Nice one! Did you see anyone? Or did it does it's own thing ?

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yer done its own thing, just kept eating the right foods and no arm training, when i felt better just done a few little things on it just to get it back up to scratch