CAPITA medical Please Help

rmcanfau

Reaction score
If any Careers advisors could please help it would be much appreciated,

(@Ninja_Stoker - @CHUB! @The guide)

just to explain my problem briefly,

- I am an overseas (British citizen) currently at medical stage

I was declared tmu until they are able to get more information from my Gp over here in Australia

I was told during my triage call that I would be emailed the forms to take to my GP this week,

The forms never came and I assumed they would be attached to the email they sent me confirming my medical status (which said is should contact my careers advisor if i have any concerns)

my careers advisor is being a bit difficult (i don't blame him I wouldn't want to have to do overseas desk)

I asked him if my forms are on the way, he said they have already been sent and I should check my spam, I did and they weren't there.
then asked if he could ask them to resend the forms and he said it's up to the nurses and out of his control and he can't help any further, (then I asked for their contact details and he didn't respond),

I have a feeling that there may have been a mistake somewhere in regards to the medical forms, but i don't know what to do from here, can i please get some help?

thank you so much for your help all.

Rheebound01

Reaction score
Did you manage to sort this out?

I've no clue how the medical for overseas applicants is supposed to go if a TMU happens.

De-Transcorper

Reaction score
I think you'll get answered by our experienced admins...

Though, if you were told that you were going to be sent forms during your triage, then the email you want to send is to CAPITA, not your recruiter. Medical aspects, I have been told, are not the responsibility of that office. Really, our recruiters try their best.

Respond to the email you got where you were declared TMU, and you should get response. Or better still, go ahead and I get more information from your GP still. It's the same thing, I think, and saves both your time. Just make sure the information is clear and strong enough.

I am currently awaiting decision from my medical appeal. According to what is written on the JSP 950 document, shouldn't have been a problem if I provided the information.

I just hope it doesn't take months as basic training is early September. All I can do now is wait, and keep the physical going.

After this phase, I have read that everything else happens fast. I hope covid doesn't make that different for us overseas candidates. Considering we have to apply for visas and sort out travels amidst this pandemic.

Send a mail to CAPITA. Or go ahead to get the information from your GP. Don't stand still. Time is precious...