Capita nightmare

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
As the title states dont know what to do.

I failed my 1st medical in August due to BMI was told lose waist/weight then I could progress I go back 4 weeks later.

I was told I passed 2nd medical and could progress to the PJFT to then get home and told I was TMU because they didn’t have my old army records and needed a copy of a sprained ankle issue I listed on the medical questionnaire which was just me going to A&E having mri/X-ray and showed there was no issue.

So capita got all the details from my gp few weeks ago and I was booked in for a paper medical today where a senior doctor looks at everything.

I just called to find out that not only can he not decide himself to pass me on the ankle issue but also he can’t for the heart issue either.

I have a type 1 heart block which is common among athletes or if your just naturally fit I have had several testes over the last few years showing there is no issue and even had up to date ones few months ago and even written letter with the results showing it’s a common thing from my GP which I brought everything to my capita medicals and everything was fine.

I’m not *text deleted* lie I got extremely frustrated with capita on the phone and even told them your just messing me about how can I be passed by my GP and even your own medical doctors I had appointments with and nothing was mentioned about these and they were of no concern and told at 2 different medicals what I needed to do to pass to which I did and that still wasn’t enough or it got changed!

I was told I would have another medical review tomorrow by a senior doctor and I said what was today for as that was a paper review for the same thing her reply “you want it or not’ I just told them straight your nothing but money makers and constantly messing me about telling me one thing or another and even tried getting me another medical appointment again!.

I was asked do I want it to go straight through the navy to the chief who will make the decision I wasn’t sure what this was and just asked how long this would take or what it involved and just said there bypassing it through capita straight to the Navy so that’s what ended up happening.

Yes I had a bit of an attitude no doubt but things like this is ripping my motivation up pretty badly and getting told one thing or another and that turns out to be something else i know people will say stick with it but it just feels like battle I can’t seem to win and being 28 and already 7 months into the application it’s really starting to cause doubts.

stumpylegs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Stay focused, I had to wait 2 years now I start rt in just under a month, you’re not alone in the struggles with the medical issues

Teasly

Reaction score
Stay focused, I had to wait 2 years now I start rt in just under a month, you’re not alone in the struggles with the medical issues

Fair play for staying motivated during that time, and good luck with RT!

But yes, couldn't agree more that you're certainly not alone. Capita are an absolute joke in my opinion and I don't understand how they get away with performing as badly as they do in certain scenarios. I mean, if any business worked as inefficiently as they do sometimes, the company would go under within weeks. It took them 10 weeks to forward me 1 A4 form for me to get signed by my GP, and that was with me chasing them pretty much on a daily basis!

I know it's easier said than done, but try and stay patient and see what comes of it going through the Navy direct. Stay motivated with your training too so you can just crack on with the next phase of your application if you get the all clear.

Hope it works out for you and good luck.

As the title states dont know what to do.

I failed my 1st medical in August due to BMI was told lose waist/weight then I could progress I go back 4 weeks later.

I was told I passed 2nd medical and could progress to the PJFT to then get home and told I was TMU because they didn’t have my old army records and needed a copy of a sprained ankle issue I listed on the medical questionnaire which was just me going to A&E having mri/X-ray and showed there was no issue.

So capita got all the details from my gp few weeks ago and I was booked in for a paper medical today where a senior doctor looks at everything.

I just called to find out that not only can he not decide himself to pass me on the ankle issue but also he can’t for the heart issue either.

I have a type 1 heart block which is common among athletes or if your just naturally fit I have had several testes over the last few years showing there is no issue and even had up to date ones few months ago and even written letter with the results showing it’s a common thing from my GP which I brought everything to my capita medicals and everything was fine.

I’m not *text deleted* lie I got extremely frustrated with capita on the phone and even told them your just messing me about how can I be passed by my GP and even your own medical doctors I had appointments with and nothing was mentioned about these and they were of no concern and told at 2 different medicals what I needed to do to pass to which I did and that still wasn’t enough or it got changed!

I was told I would have another medical review tomorrow by a senior doctor and I said what was today for as that was a paper review for the same thing her reply “you want it or not’ I just told them straight your nothing but money makers and constantly messing me about telling me one thing or another and even tried getting me another medical appointment again!.

I was asked do I want it to go straight through the navy to the chief who will make the decision I wasn’t sure what this was and just asked how long this would take or what it involved and just said there bypassing it through capita straight to the Navy so that’s what ended up happening.

Yes I had a bit of an attitude no doubt but things like this is ripping my motivation up pretty badly and getting told one thing or another and that turns out to be something else i know people will say stick with it but it just feels like battle I can’t seem to win and being 28 and already 7 months into the application it’s really starting to cause doubts.
Any idea how long it will take to get the navy doctor to look at your case?

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea how long it will take to get the navy doctor to look at your case?

Just spoke to my afco and they said I *text deleted* ring back on the 30th not quite sure what’s happening to be honest as I’m comfused with it all

Chelonian

Reaction score
Just spoke to my afco and they said I *text deleted* ring back on the 30th not quite sure what’s happening to be honest as I’m comfused with it all

That's Monday. By which time your AFCO will hopefully be able to give you some clarity on the way ahead.

I don't have first-hand experience with Capita but the probability is that the agent one speaks to by telephone is processing data and making appointments according to a strict script. The opportunity for that agent to individually resolve a snag might be very limited. It's also probable that he or she won't be encouraged to go 'off-script' because it supposedly wastes time and potentially introduces confusion.

As frustrating as it is, a productive strategy is often to relentlessly grind the agent down with politenesss and charm. Doing so stands a far better chance of motivating an individual agent to escalating your enquiry to his or her manager to help resolve a snag.

Best of luck and keep us posted as to progress.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Capita TMU response time General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 5
A Capita response times RMR Section and RMR Selection 7
ThreadpigeonsAlpha Capita. Jollies Bar 0