Capita

leviont

Reaction score
Does anyone have the number for Capita at all? My afco have asked me to ring them in regards to the results of a paper medical review I had, which has resulted in been made TMU yet again. Unfortunately I can't seem to find their contact number anywhere only for the army. Any help much appreciated

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Call it and ask to be transferred, its a small building.

Thorny99

Reaction score
Capita is currently doing a medical review for myself. I keep getting emails off them once a month saying they're going to do the review on a specific date and then notify me of the result. However each time this happens I hear nothing from them and then receive an email the following month saying the exact same thing. Its happened 3 times now. Badly organised if I say so myself

Give the department for the army a call and I'm sure they'll transfer you over to the navy

Welshy

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Capita is currently doing a medical review for myself. I keep getting emails off them once a month saying they're going to do the review on a specific date and then notify me of the result. However each time this happens I hear nothing from them and then receive an email the following month saying the exact same thing. Its happened 3 times now. Badly organised if I say so myself

Give the department for the army a call and I'm sure they'll transfer you over to the navy
if capita have emailed you id think they'd put their contact number at the footer of the emails

Mildjet06

Reaction score
0345 034 1437
This was the number i was given by my AFCO, hopefully it works

leviont

Reaction score
Thanks lads managed to speak to them unfortunately I'm pmu. Does anyone know of how to start an appeal?

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks lads managed to speak to them unfortunately I'm pmu. Does anyone know of how to start an appeal?
Search through the forums, lots of info about appeals and how to go through with them.

First step is obviously check in with your AFCO and wait for the letter to come through from Capita, which states the exact reason you've been judged as PMU, thats what your appeal needs to overturn when read by the Navy medical team.

Some things you won't be able to appeal against, an appeal needs to prove to the reviewing officer that the reason Capita decided you're unfit doesn't apply to you - a doctors note telling them despite your broken back and missing toes you'd great in training probably won't be accepted.

I believe you have 6 months to submit your appeal via your AFCO, if you think theres grounds to appeal like a misdiagnosis, mistake by Capita etc etc, then its best to get as much professional evidence as you can, as well as the standard stuff like a fitness diary, full medical history related to it, peak flow if for respiratory stuff, GP note on the circumstances etc as well as a report from an expert in the field it relates to - for example for my appeal I contacted a respiratory consultant at a local hospital, and did a few tests with him and he did a professional write up for me and my results.

The format of the appeal is to have a cover letter, kept brief and concise stating that you wish to appeal against the decision that you are PMU due to x reason and refer the reader to the evidence alongside the cover letter, Ninja points out that appealing to the emotions of the reviewing officer isn't going to result in a happy story and its best to keep it professional.

I'm sure @Ninja_Stoker or @CHUB! being the resident CAs would be able to provide more accurate or correct information as I'm merely basing it on my own experience and that of others on the forums.

Welshy

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ask your AFCO and they should sort it don't loose hope I was PMU before too

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
Hi mate, just thought I'd chime in on this as I've also been made PMU and have just received a letter stating that my all my information is being reviewed by the Navy Medical team.

As JWJ states there are some things which can't be appealed against, whereas others are in a grey area - it is your job to provide evidence to basically get it out of this grey area. In terms of evidence I've got letters from consultants who are experts in the area of concern highlighted in my PMU letter, I have had scans taken to send as evidence, and I have also sent across a copy of my training schedule which I got my doctor to sign off on as further evidence.

If possible try and get a hold of the exact sections of the Medical Standards you were made PMU under - they may contain relevant information about what evidence is wise for you to provide.

Also important to once again stress that you can only appeal on the basis of evidence that you provide, and cannot appeal against the medical standards of the Navy.

Once you have all your evidence gathered together, write a cover letter briefly explaining that you wish to appeal the PMU decision, that you have inclosed evidence which you believe means you should be classed as medically fit for service, and send this along with your medical evidence (probably best to put this in a separate envelope labelled medical evidence as the AFCO are not technically meant to know about any medical information) and send this all across to the relevant person at your local AFCO.

You should receive a letter about a week later informing you that the information has been passed on to the medical staff and that you will be updated as soon as a decision has been made.

Good luck!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks lads managed to speak to them unfortunately
Why are you PMU?

You cannot appeal the decision based on the information in your medical records in relation the medical standard for entry - that is non-negotiable. You CAN appeal the diagnosis, if able to provide the medical evidence which shows it was misdiagnosed or incorrectly treated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Capita TMU response time General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 5
A Capita response times RMR Section and RMR Selection 7
ThreadpigeonsAlpha Capita. Jollies Bar 0