casualties

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
just reading the new 3 commando brigade book and i was very surprised at the level of casualties in nearly all the instances mentioned there were at least 4-5 casualties per troop.
Also i get a magazine from the army called camouflage(signed up to it wen i was about 12 *text deleted*) and in that there was an article on a platoon in afghanistan in 1 tour 60% of the platoon were battle related casulties. I think they were in 1 Royal Anglian.
Anyhow this hasnt put me off wanting to go if anything im more up for it now, which is strange, I was just a little surprised *text deleted*

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah we only hear about the deaths in afgan but there are gun battles every day there must be loads of casualties

C

critchmufc

a royal marine got shot in the wrist on commando on the frontline, bet that was painful, dya reckon that would end his career, its a possibility...

and i just thought id mention, which you should already know, well, if you watch eddie stone anyway, that if you get shot in the leg you could still die, its the bullets exit wound which says how serious it is...as the bullet can ricochet off your bone and rip through your body

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
alot of the deaths you dont hear about tho....for instance reading the news and the headline was BRITISH SOLDIER KILLED IN AFGHANISTAN a few months down the line and there was a small article about how five were killed in a week

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
oh n critch it didnt end his career. in the book it sais he got better enough to go back to afghan at the later in the tour....had an awfull lotta blood comying from it tho..

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well with major artery and veins running through, the prime emo hotspot for razor lines, you'd kinda expect it eh?

Friend works with a ex-marine, who was stabbed in the arm first gulf war, he took it quite lightly and with a joke, till he was shot in the knee and medically discharged.

Rarely ever hear about this kinda *text deleted**text deleted*.. doesnt sell papers though.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Heres my plan..... we go down to the local mosque, recruit some muslims to walk about in Aghan with their burkhas on disguised as taliban.... then KERRBLAMOOO! they turn and shoot the bad guys!

It's fullproof!

C

critchmufc

oh n critch it didnt end his career. in the book it sais he got better enough to go back to afghan at the later in the tour....had an awfull lotta blood comying from it tho..

im glad to hear that, id hate flukey faggott arse rag head blindfire to end a marines career

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
well 2 years ago i fell climbing one of those spikey metal fences and literally almost took my hand off....blood everywhere....i the cut was 2mm away from killing me....so i kinda know what being shot in the rist feels like...but they did give me gas and air in the hospital...yipeeeeee

C

critchmufc

well 2 years ago i fell climbing one of those spikey metal fences and literally almost took my hand off....blood everywhere....i the cut was 2mm away from killing me....so i kinda know what being shot in the rist feels like...but they did give me gas and air in the hospital...yipeeeeee

i nearly chopped the end of my finger off cutting cheese when i was about 9, i was chuffed with it, ran outside showing my mates, there was blood all over my front yard aswell after it.....took ages to heal

i also got electricuted at my nans when i was 5, playing with some open wire for some strange reason, well, its obv what happened, i went to the hospital and now have a scar shaped like new zealand on the inside of my right index finger!