Caversham

Mr D

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't been on here for some time but was told of Alans passing an hour or so ago by Pez 1962, I never met him in person as I couldn't get to the challenges something I now deeply regret. He did show an interest in my lads Rugby exploits with the Corps which meant a lot coming from someone that everyone on these boards and beyond held in such high esteem.
God bless you Cav, we lost a "gud un" and for sure you will be missed.

bumblebee

Reaction score
R.I.P Alan- Caversham. You were a great support throughout my nod's training, always there not only for myself but for all of us on the P&P's Troop Section, you helped not only myself but many many others. My very sincere condolences go to all of your family, a great man, a great spirit and inspiration you will never be forgotten !!

pbgv2019

Reaction score
I have only just heard the news and hope that Alan's family are comforted by so many heartfelt messages. I too have only gratitude to express to Alan and his family. I literally thought I had nobody to turn to at a very difficult time for not only my nod (now RM) but for our entire family Alan and @Chelonian were amazing and contacted me throughout a very difficult weekend and rest of the week. It was so important while I was struggling to understand what was going on and how to best help my son, Alan gave me the insider perspective and wisdom to carry on. We all made it through July and thankfully we have a new journey ahead to look forward to. Our thoughts are with Alan's family.

Cheezy hammy eggy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have just heard the very sad news of the untimely passing of Alan.
@Caversham was an inspiration to us all, the advice he gave to P & P’s on the forum has helped so many to cope with the uncertain nature of nod training over the years.
Like me, most people on the forum never met Alan, but we feel we have lost a true friend, a gentleman with a dry sense of humour whose advice was respected.
Rest in Peace Alan, may your family take solace in the high regard you are held by the Corps and this forum.
God bless.

RCTJ0012

Reaction score
I never knew Alan personally or interacted with him on the forum much, however I have seen what a big influence he was in helping others when needed, offering advice etc... He will surely be missed by all, those who knew him personally and those who knew him by his forum name. Rest in peace.

future-commando

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How devastating! A man who said the right thing at the right time. Most knowledge human to walk this earth. @Caversham never missed an opportunity to use his experience to provide words of incredible advise to others. Such sad news but he is in a better place now. I never had the privilege of meeting him personally but he helped me through words of advice and support when I needed it the most

Rip Alan. Never forgotten!

Actros

Reaction score
My condolences to all who knew him personally. It’s clear just how valued he was and the posts in this thread are a sobering read but at the same time what a unique legacy - there are clearly endless numbers of people who have benefitted from his knowledge and advice. I hope his family take comfort from that.

RIP Alan

Latest posts

New Threads