Changed My Mind

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all
Like the thread says I have changed my mind. I have had a few days away from the site to think about my future and I have changed my mind about joining the paras and going to try to apply to the Royal Marines which was my first choice last year. I have only changed my mind because I want to travel the world like on an aircraft carrier or have a chance to show the people who bullied me for my weight and last thing I want to show my self I can do it and I want to protect and serve my queen and country.
Thanks RyanL

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Hello all
Like the thread says I have changed my mind. I have had a few days away from the site to think about my future and I have changed my mind about joining the paras and going to try to apply to the Royal Marines which was my first choice last year. I have only changed my mind because I want to travel the world like on an aircraft carrier or have a chance to show the people who bullied me for my weight and last thing I want to show my self I can do it and I want to protect and serve my queen and country.
Thanks RyanL

My advice. Think about it for a while longer. You seem to be unsure what it is you want, which is fine.

Make sure your choosing the job for you. Yes it's good to have external motivations but deep down it has to be for you

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hello all
Thanks RyanL

I admire your enthusiasm. And it's good to see you finally seeing the light, and the light is green...

Just remember you're still young, there is no rush. You have your goal now. Work hard but smart to acheive it.

Be professionally humble. Don't brag about your ambitions to other people, they won't understand. People will always try and put you down, they see their on insecurities and short comings and proclaim them to be yours.
Become the grey man, work at your goal quietly but confidently.

BubbleBert

Reaction score
I admire your enthusiasm. And it's good to see you finally seeing the light, and the light is green...

Just remember you're still young, there is no rush. You have your goal now. Work hard but smart to acheive it.

Be professionally humble. Don't brag about your ambitions to other people, they won't understand. People will always try and put you down, they see their on insecurities and short comings and proclaim them to be yours.

Advice for life!

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

This is the best advice you could give, the amount of people who asked me what I'm doing after college and when I told them I'm not going to uni and aspiring to become a royal marine. At least half told me it's too hard or you'll never finish the training or anything along the lines of you'll never pass.

Staying quiet is probably the best option as I've found.

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys it will really help guys

And thanks @ThreadpigeonsAlpha for that it really means a lot I am finishing watching the Royal Marines Commando School after watching it the 7th time

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys it will really help guys

And thanks @ThreadpigeonsAlpha for that it really means a lot I am finishing watching the Royal Marines Commando School after watching it the 7th time

I've seen on here that commando school is not the best representation of training life, I do not know this as I'm yet to join but I've seen people say that 'commando on he front line' is a ''better'' look at training life. obviously neither show the true representation of the development of the recruits into Royal Marines. Someone with better knowledge will probably be able to tell you better than I can.

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen on here that commando school is not the best representation of training life, I do not know this as I'm yet to join but I've seen people say that 'commando on he front line' is a ''better'' look at training life. obviously neither show the true representation of the development of the recruits into Royal Marines. Someone with better knowledge will probably be able to tell you better than I can.
Right thanks mate how did your pjft go mate just wondering?

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers. It's not too bad just get yourself in the right mindset and train hard and the test is easy.

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers. It's not too bad just get yourself in the right mindset and train hard and the test is easy.
I have just finished my gym session just an hour ago and I pushed my self like

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What are your sessions like? are you training specific?

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got a fitness plan off @Hyperhippo so it is a bit training specific because I got to put on some weigth and to put some muscle on I have just reached the minimum weight today

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good, I found that once you get to the weight you want if you train consistently and eat a lot its not too bad to maintain I put on 5kg in a month and then increased my training and food intake and I'm still hovering around the same weight obviously above and below depending on the day. Just enjoy it don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good, I found that once you get to the weight you want if you train consistently and eat a lot its not too bad to maintain I put on 5kg in a month and then increased my training and food intake and I'm still hovering around the same weight obviously above and below depending on the day. Just enjoy it don't put too much pressure on yourself.
Right thanks I apply in December so I still can train a lot because the application will take 5 months to a year I heard

New Threads