changing application...probably one for ninja

Leedham

Reaction score
alrite fellas, currently got an application for the RAF reg going through and just passed the RAF AST. Why i applied to the RAF reg instead of Marines in the first place is a long story!! but ive realised it was a very bad decision.

...Anyways was wondering if the AFCO would let me change my application from the RAF to the Marines? or would i have to cancel the RAF app and start all over again with a Marines app?

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im not 100% sure you will have to double check but i think you may be ok but your Careers advisor for the Navy will have to do the swap for you.
Correct me if im wrong Ninja.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I would have imagined a new application would have to be put through the navy - as the navy recruiters would want to go through the process of selecting the candidate themselves?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I would have imagined a new application would have to be put through the navy - as the navy recruiters would want to go through the process of selecting the candidate themselves?

Correct the selection procedure for RAF differs so you would need to submit a fresh application form to join the Royal Marines. Certain elements such as Security Clearance & Medical can, in some instances be transferred, but you will need to sit the Navy Recruitring Test, Selection Interview, PJFT & PRMC for certain & you would need to produce all original documentation & new references would be required.

Leedham

Reaction score
cheers for the reply, bit of a ball ace but i guess ill phone up after dinner and cancell my RAF app

big problem in the fact that i lost my NI number card on the way back from the AFCO last time tho *text deleted* hopefully can get a new one very soon!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
cheers for the reply, bit of a ball ace but i guess ill phone up after dinner and cancell my RAF app

big problem in the fact that i lost my NI number card on the way back from the AFCO last time tho *text deleted* hopefully can get a new one very soon!

Haha i lost my NI card to. I will find it, just i was writeing a part time application and i was useing it and cant remember where i put it, not good *text deleted*.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

I haven't had my NI card for about 5 years but I managed to join the army without it, and I have my PRMC in Jan!

You can just provide a payslip or something.

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had 3 going at once when I first applied, as I wasn't 100% sure and what I wanted. Marines, RafReg and Parachute regiment...

It wasn't a problem at all, just cancel the rafreg applications and start over?

Leedham

Reaction score
I haven't had my NI card for about 5 years but I managed to join the army without it, and I have my PRMC in Jan!

You can just provide a payslip or something.

*text deleted* sadly ive never had a payslip in my life, just get cash in hand...i only need the card because they ask for a photocopy of it. I think i know the number

Iles

Reaction score
I thought I lost mine a little ehile ago (found it again in the end *text deleted*) but apparently they will only ever issue you two in a lifetime, but they will send you a letter out with your national Insurance number on it.